ArdiOrion
1 Nickel

Alienware R4 Distored Audio on the left speaker

Hi,

My AW R4 configuration is this:

CPU i7 6820HK

GPU 1070 8GB

Ram 16GB

- I have a terrible problem with my left speaker only! I produces kind of crackling/distorted sound on the left speaker on volume more than 80%. I have no idea what to do. 

Here's what we here in Macedonia tried to do:

- Reinstalled the complete OS with complete drivers and stuff - no success

- Updated every single driver up to date - no success

- Contacted Dell Partner in Macedonia (where I bought the laptop) they replaced 3 times the speakers - no success

- Again Contacted Dell Partner in Macedonia (where I bought the laptop) THEY REPLACED THE WHOLE MOTHERBOARD! I've got also pictures of the old one as a proof and the process of changing... the laptop was all just like a new one... came with factory bios and things like that... NO SUCCESS STILL THE SAME SOUND

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NOW?!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Alienware R4 Distored Audio on the left speaker

Hi @ArdiOrion,

The sound will be fine with headphones? 

Try by uninstalling the audio driver and just using the one Windows has be default. 

Let me know!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ArdiOrion
1 Nickel

@Alienware-Eimy I've tried by putting windows audio drivers by default and the bad noise is gone!!!! VOILA!!!

Now, let's clarify things.

1. The sound is in lower level than previously.... This problem has to do with realtek drivers what should I do? 

2. Does it have any side effect (any bad one) using only windows audio by default?

3. Alienware Sound Center- is not working using windows audio by default?!

PS: Previously while using REALTEK audio drivers - I had a lot of distortion and bad noise only on speakers but not with headphones!

0 Kudos

@ArdiOrion,

For questions 1 and 3: Wait for a driver update which will be released soon as this has already been escalated to drivers engineering.

For question 2: No side effect. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ArdiOrion
1 Nickel

Yeah I got it. 

How much time approximately should we wait for the newest driver to come out? And is there any public claim that this is caused by driver or is it a hardware failure of all this serie?!

Trust me I've 3 times replaced the speakers and 1 time replaced the whole motherboard and still no result!!!!

0 Kudos