Toshiden
1 Nickel

Alienware amp

Hello everyone, I’m new to this so please bare with me. I bought a Alienware 17r5 laptop with a gtx 1070 graphics card in it to run VR. It runs awesome. Then I did some research and found out about the Alienware amp so I bought it. Well now I’m really nervous about all of this as I read that the 1080ti nvidia for VR is breath taking and obviously better than the 1070. Seems to be no need to go higher than that for what I want to do which is the Vive. Will the Alienware amp just fit the nvidia 1080ti or could I get the fancy graphics card with a million fans and it would work fine still? I saw the compatibility list for the Alienware. EVO or something like that is made with nvidia technology so I should be ok with this or no? Thank you for your time and help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Toshiden
1 Nickel

Alienware amp

Hello everyone, I’m new to this so please bare with me. I bought a Alienware 17r5 laptop with a gtx 1070 graphics card in it to run VR. It runs awesome. Then I did some research and found out about the Alienware amp so I bought it. Well now I’m really nervous about all of this as I read that the 1080ti nvidia for VR is breath taking and obviously better than the 1070. Seems to be no need to go higher than that for what I want to do which is the Vive. Will the Alienware amp just fit the nvidia 1080ti or could I get the fancy graphics card with a million fans and it would work fine still? I saw the compatibility list for the Alienware. EVO or something like that is made with nvidia technology so I should be ok with this or no? Thank you for your time and help
0 Kudos

Re: Alienware amp

Hi @Toshiden,

Certain retail cards may have larger heatsinks and other elements that may not let them fit inside the graphics amplifier. The Alienware Graphics Amplifier is designed to fit standard size graphics cards (Reference and Founders Edition). Certain video manufacturers may modify their video card VBIOS causing incompatibility with the graphics amplifier (Superclock, Overclock, Dual and Triple Fans). The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is a supported GPU with the amplifier, we recommend that you check the recommended size (Full Lenght (Up to 10.5") Dual Slot) to make sure it fits properly.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos