lalitsehgal21
1 Nickel

Alienware amplifier

I recently got alienware amplifier and i plan to use it with aw 17r5. My friend got into issue where he is forced to use external display to use amp output. Nowhere aw has mentioned the necessity to buy external display with amp. As per all promos and tech sheets it was simple slap a card plug and play. On my frnd laptop it shows all 3 cards (intel gms, gtx 1070 and gtx 980ti) and only 1070 works which is onboard

Only in games like watchdog 2 where gpu selection is inside game he could switch between 1070 and 980ti. Any help pls.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Alienware amplifier

Hi, You do not need an external display to use the amplifier, it should work with the built-in LCD screen.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
lalitsehgal21
1 Nickel

Well its not ... and tech staff is hopeless... kindly help
0 Kudos
lalitsehgal21
1 Nickel

It shows all 3 cards but no setting to manually force xternal card to be used..i thought amp will disable onboard gpu but it doesn’t...and moreover on aw17r5 support page i see no drivers for a amplifier 

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Did you try installing the desktop version of the GTX 980ti card? Also, install this software to confirm if you see any changes. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos