Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 12th, 2018 08:00

Alienware mobile connect

Just bought a new AW17 R4 and was wondering why the Alienware mobile connect app on the windows store says it's not compatible with my device. I believe I have the proper drivers installed.
Will it, or won't it work with this laptop?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 12th, 2018 12:00

My Alienware PC service tag? Not sure what you mean

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 12th, 2018 12:00

Hi @Anonymous,

What's your mobile model?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 15th, 2018 15:00

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

June 6th, 2018 08:00

I also have this issue, same model as OP

9 Posts

June 13th, 2018 07:00

I have the same issue with the same model.

June 15th, 2018 11:00

Did any of you ever get a solution on this? I have an Aurora R7 that I received as a replacement in May, which had the application. But, there was an issue with the PC and support had me wipe the computer completely, starting over with a Windows image (not the Dell factory image) and now I can't officially install the app from the store. Tech support manually copied files into my computer to install it but its still not officially supported by the Windows Store, so I'm not sure I'll ever get any updates to the application. I'd love them to fix this if possible.

4 Posts

June 16th, 2018 02:00

I had the same issue. My system broke down and I reinstalled my system using factory image. But now I can't install the mobile connect 

4 Posts

June 16th, 2018 02:00

mine is aurora R7

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 12:00

Same problem with my Alienware 15 R4. Cannot install app from store "this app is not compatible with this device."

June 22nd, 2018 14:00

I have an essential phone with 15 R3 and everything appears to working fine except the screen mirroring does not just says that it can't connect via wifi direct but from the wifi direct screen listing the connected devices the 15 R3 is listed as connect. any ideas anyone

4 Posts

July 5th, 2018 23:00

are you still following on this issue? 

1 Message

August 15th, 2018 14:00

You need to add the regedit information:

Put everything here in a ".txt" file, save and change the extension to ".reg" and double click on it to merge it with your regedit, then you will be able to install the App from Microsoft Store on your PC:

You can also change the model, support hours, etc by your self. It works for any computer running Windows 10.

{Start}

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation]
"Logo"=""
"Manufacturer"="ALIENWARE"
"Model"="ALIENWARE 17 R4"
"SupportHours"=""
"SupportPhone"=""
"SupportURL"="https://www.dell.com/"

{End}

61 Posts

August 16th, 2018 09:00

The registry thing doesn't work. It says that "the specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."

I tried inputting that data manually into the specified reg key and it still won't let me download mobile connect due to not being compatible with my machine.

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2018 06:00

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, I have reinstalled my Alienware R4 17 and tried to install Mobile Connect but MS store says it wont cause its not compatible... well it was working before the install. I added the reg info, still no effect.
Please help i really find that app extremely useful.
Thanks !

December 15th, 2018 10:00

I have the same issue too!

No Events found!