Spor-FM
Bronze

Re: Alienware sound center help ...

Jump to solution

Version: 4.8.23.0 ,A00
Release Date: 06 Jun 2018
File Name: Alienware-Command-Center-for-Notebooks_K3YVP_WIN64_4.8.23.0_A00.EXE
File size: 134.9 MB

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04610645M/1/Alienware-Command-Center-for-Notebooks_K3YVP_WIN64_4.8....

0 Kudos
tradesmith
Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi there...

I've installed D6HRD_WIN_5.1.27.0_A.

The installer is the one found on the support downloads page: Alienware Command Center

0 Kudos
tradesmith
Bronze

Jump to solution

@Spor-FM I'm not sure what your referencing here but that will not work on a newer 15r4. The package will either

1. Fail to install
  2. Fail to start once you've installed the package.

I'm sure that the sound driver would likely install without complaint but be missing bits but trying to spin up the old 'Sound Center' will just not work. If it works for you, great... you're probably going to be seeing some errors if you update your BIOS. This was the exact problem I ran into.

Again, we're talking about a 15r4; the NEW AW 15 laptop. Why would you want to run an older driver package on a new system? It just does not seem like a good idea since you'd likely not have a configuration which utilizes the new hardware to it's limits.

Anyway, good luck.

0 Kudos
Spor-FM
Bronze

Jump to solution

MK-4 who started this post, was referring to an Alienware R3 15.
I have the same model.

0 Kudos
tradesmith
Bronze

Jump to solution

Fair enough. I hope it continues to work for you.

0 Kudos
erpster05
Silver

Jump to solution

@tradesmith wrote:

@Spor-FM I'm not sure what your referencing here but that will not work on a newer 15r4. The package will either

1. Fail to install
  2. Fail to start once you've installed the package.

I'm sure that the sound driver would likely install without complaint but be missing bits but trying to spin up the old 'Sound Center' will just not work. If it works for you, great... you're probably going to be seeing some errors if you update your BIOS. This was the exact problem I ran into.

Again, we're talking about a 15r4; the NEW AW 15 laptop. Why would you want to run an older driver package on a new system? It just does not seem like a good idea since you'd likely not have a configuration which utilizes the new hardware to it's limits.

Anyway, good luck.

If you are truly using either Dell Alienware 15 R4 or Alienware 17 R5 laptop, you must download the Alienware Sound Center UWP app from the Microsoft store (need Realtek audio driver 6.0.1.8467 from this package installed first - and of course be using Windows 10 v1709 or v1803 and with an active internet connection to download & install the UWP version of Alienware Sound Center).  this UWP version is different from the WPF/desktop version of Alienware Sound Center found in older Alienware models.

0 Kudos
Spor-FM
Bronze

Jump to solution

Making myself clear.

1. I own an Alienware 15 R3, with the latest BIOS.

2. I mentioned what I have faced as a reply to MK-4 who started this topic.

3. I have no idea if R3-R4 have the same sound card and need the same driver. 

0 Kudos