Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2020 12:00

Area-51m R1, AWCC loading, but not opening

Looks like I require your assistance once more...
I was doing an update for my AWCC and it asked me tor restart and I did that but now it's stuck like this 

image.pngWhen I tried to close the application and reopen it then it will give me the error that it doesn't detect any AlienFX devices and remove 2 of the tabs above "Home" & "FX" and I've left it like this for almost 2 whole hrs with no progress. from what I could see in my task manager, it is not drawing in anything but memory. Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

12 Posts

August 5th, 2020 14:00

Ok, I finally found the solution to my issue. Its a bit drastic but it worked. I had to factory reset my entire device and format my C drive in the process.

Here are the steps:

1- I downloaded "Media Creation Tool"
2-Installed Windows on a USB Stick
3- Rebooted the device and went to boot menu and chose my USB stick from the "UEFI" menu, at which point the process of installing a new windows OS began.
4- I, then, formatted all partitions related to my C drive
5- Then, I went through the process of installing a new windows
6- Then I went to "Updates & Settings" and downloaded all the updates for my windows (2 restarts required)
7- Then went to Dell.com/Support and downloaded "Alienware Support Assist" which helped me detect and download the remaining "Chipset" drivers
8- Then I went to "Microsoft Store" and proceeded to download AWCC
9- Once open I clicked "Download now" once the prompt appeared to download the newest versions
10- Rebooted my device Then opened "Microsoft Store" again and downloaded the remaining softwares for my peripherals including AleinFX, Alienware Sound Center, and Alienware OC Controls
11- Performed One more reboot and then it worked fine

image.png

Don't forget to press "accept as solution" if it works for you! Thank you all for your kindness, help, and patience!

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 14:00

Hello @Zyzzx download the free Revo Uninstaller and use with Advanced scanning mode setting. Run Revo Uninstaller to see if AWCC is listed. If yes, uninstall your AWCC, press Scan and when prompted select and delete all files, you might get a second prompt to select and delete more files. You have now removed everything associated with the AWCC.  After restart, you can clean install the AWCC, as if for the first time. 

If the most recent AWCC does not work, install an earlier version. You can get the earlier version by opening your Service Tag Support's page, get AWCC driver information > view full driver details > scroll down and click on Version to select from list of earlier versions. 

Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 16:00

@crimsom I've tried both solutions the first and it yielded no results. and the 2nd refused to work and i kept getting a fatal error every time I tried installing an older version of AWCC

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 17:00

@Alienware Area-51 ALX 2006  i checked the version and, as i said, when i tried to install it i got a fatal error at the very end of the installation and it refuses to work

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 17:00

Make sure it’s The one made for your model.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 20:00

Safe mode?

try it with a usb and install it on the usb so when you boot into safe mode you can install it in there.

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 22:00

@Alienware Area-51 ALX 2006  You want me to install the AWCC on a USB then open it up from safemode? how does that work?

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 23:00

Basically when you boot into safe mode you plug in the drive and it’ll read the data off of it and then you run the installer from there. Make sure some Microsoft service is running in the background so you don’t get the Fatal crash error.

If that doesn’t work then I’d recommend the Microsoft store one and then I’d reinstall the OC controls for your model.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 4th, 2020 05:00

Hi @Zyzzx try your C drive's file system error checking. 

Go to your This PC folder and right click on C drive to open Properties, then select the Tools tab. Click on Check to get disk status, which might say that Scan drive is recommended. On completion of Scan drive, if Error Checking says errors were found, click on Show Details to decide if you want to fix them. 

Local Disk, Tools, Error checking.jpg  Error Checking Local Disk.jpg  Error Checking, Result.jpg

12 Posts

August 4th, 2020 08:00

@crimsom Scanned my C drive, no errors

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 4th, 2020 09:00

Do a Command center reinstall with the over locking tool driver reinstalling.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 4th, 2020 10:00

Hi @Zyzzx thank you for updating this thread’s subject heading to include Area-51m R1, which has many features listed Here. Support for Alienware Area-51m says install the AWCC Application v5.2.91.0<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>. Your PC has Windows 10 Home v19041 and BIOS v1.10.0 (10 April 20). There are two 04 Aug 2020 updates that can automatically update critical fixes and important device drivers.

However, a little confused about status of AWCC installation. Is this listed in Programs and Features?

12 Posts

August 4th, 2020 11:00

It is listed but when i open it, it loads perpetually as depicted in the image I shared in my original question

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 4th, 2020 15:00

Hi @Zyzzx  thanks for confirmation. To recap, Win10 acknowledges installation by listing the AWCC Application in Programs and Features, and thereby Revo Uninstaller can also work on it. 

@Alienware-Joe   @Alienware - Rodrigo   @Alienware-Eimy 

If Dell AWCC installer is not fit for purpose, send @DELL-Cares Private Message. 

Assuming that Dell AWCC installer is fit for purpose, something has messed up in Win10 because you should be able to uninstall the AWCC and install the legacy AWCC Application that previously worked.

Save everything that you do not want deleted (part of Disaster Recovery - prepare for the worst). 

To at least get you back to where everything was working, consider Restore back to an earlier Restore Point Here

Also have a look at the Win10 Recovery options Here

Remember to use the Restart frequently, so that Win10 fully loads all the repair steps. Do not rush, allow Win10 time to confirm that each step has been completed sucessfully. 

If you find the problem, please tell the Dell Community what worked for you. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 5th, 2020 01:00

Also, even if windows restarts and says finished updating, It isn’t.

I had to restart my alienware 13 times to get all the updates installed.

No Events found!