Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2020 07:00

Area-51m R1, Gaming Performance

I have a quick question for the alienware community. This is my first alienware laptop and I'm trying to figure out why I can't play a game at max capacity when I don't plug the AC/DC adapters in. Like for example without the adapters I get 30 FPS on Valorant but, when I plug in two of the adapters I get 300+ FPS. So, does that mean I have to always plug in the two adapters to get full performance? 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 29th, 2020 13:00

Yup.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 29th, 2020 08:00

You have the AREA-51M.

You need to use both the power adapters to get the Thermal and Power capabilities you need because you can’t run this computer on no adapters because battery life is at 1hr for mines without the adapters plus it’ll run in throttled mode as I like to call it.

Throttled mode means that when the computer isn’t recieving wattage from the adapters and from the battery, the system Detected that and warns you when you boot the computer with either a low wattage adapter or no adapter it’ll be in throttled mode until it recieves power from the adapters.

July 29th, 2020 11:00

Okay so basically, you are telling me that for gaming I would need 2 adapters plugged in to get the full performance. Thanks! 

No Events found!