Alienware

Last reply by 12-20-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Area-51m R1, replace thermal paste

Hi to everyone,

I would like to know from who have experience about changing thermal paste on CPU and GPU. Can I add Grizzly Liquid metal will have better performance with low temperature and safe? Also if I will following the steps right? Or just keep on Grizzly Kyronaut? Beacause I had read that is some dangerous to add liquid metal on laptop. Because we moving laptop to any place and can that liquid move to motherboard and make problems.

Thanks for your advise

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
7 Thorium

I have seen test results that show little to no difference between thermal paste and liquid metal. Personally I would never use liquid metal for the problems it could cause like getting onto the MB for one.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Replies (3)
7 Thorium

I have seen test results that show little to no difference between thermal paste and liquid metal. Personally I would never use liquid metal for the problems it could cause like getting onto the MB for one.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100

Thanks bro for your advice

Happy to help out!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor