Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2020 17:00

Area-51m R1, random shutdown, overheating?

This month i have noticed my Alienware 51m Randomly Shutting down couple of times

Current Cpu Usage according to Alienware Command Center is 36-40% yet my cpu Temp is at 100-degrees  is that normal my cpu is running at 4-4.15Ghz I have it sitting behind a stand fan running called air towards the vents at the back yet still 100 -degrees 

Any Suggestions would be appericiated

I tried to run a Diagnostics from the startup by pressing f12  1st time it said Thermal Sensor out of reach can not complete diagnostics  second time it passed all and so did the 3rd time

also i had blue screen twice if i remember well one was based on epc watchdog i checked all my drivers are up to date please advise on this.

Shall i re paste my CPU ?

and what are thermal sensors are they replaceable or does the entire motherboard need to be changed? i am still under warranty!

Once again thanks in advance 

9 Posts

October 24th, 2020 19:00

They replaced the above under warranty CPU and GPU Heatsink and Fans

and it fixed the issue sorry to have updated thread so late over time now i have display issues seems like you fix 1 issue and another one pops out 

January 26th, 2020 15:00

What CPU do you have?  Is is the I9-9900?

9 Posts

January 26th, 2020 16:00

yes 9900k i don't have much hardware experience but when i have it on glass table at 30-40% cpu load its at 80-90 degrees and on my table 100 degrees not sure why yet i will get the dell tech to check it out soon wondering are there any higher cpu's chipsets this machine can use ?

any idea 

thanks in advance 

1 Message

August 9th, 2020 20:00

@Zainmw91 did you ever get this resolved?  This started happening to me as well a couple of days ago.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 10th, 2020 13:00

Update all your drivers including your bios and clean the fans out.

then I’d do a repaste with some high quality thermal paste and then see how it turns out.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

October 24th, 2020 19:00

Post a vid on YouTube or just post a pic here so I can see what the issue is.

First try doing an ePSA by clicking F12 when rebooting until you get a boot options screen.

No Events found!