Llanthu
Copper

Re: BIOS update not installing.

I was installing the BIOS update on my DELL R4, but I never rebooted and my screen went black and unanswered, apparently the update did not end, does anyone know of any solution?

daxia3
Bronze

Same problem here. Alienware update keeps wanting to update the bios (2018-05-17). The update is successfully downloaded, I restart the computer, the bios get "updated" with all that writing image etc stuff. Then when I start windows again, alienware update wants me to download the same bios update again.

Nexus Moon
Silver

Alienware or Dell needs to freaking address this BIOS Update issue. It has been going on for a while. Dell supports  website has a banner about the Intel's security flaw and they posted a BIOS update schedule for Dell/Alienware machines. the AW 15 R3 BIOS is scheduled to be June 26th, however, today is the 28th and yet the schedule does not have any update link for 15R3 like others in the list. There is 1 new BIOS in the driver & download site. It states that it is 1.3.0 version but the system pop-up a warning asking if I want to replace the 1.2.4 with another 1.2.4??? After installing it manually, the Alienware Update software still tell me that my system needs a BIOS update? The information link through it shows that the BIOS is 1.2.4 released in May 2018. I am really **bleep** that Alienware never fixes their BIOS Update system.

MikeB2308
Copper

Same problem here....Im really disappointed with my new laptop....Probably going to return it....

0 Kudos
Nexus Moon
Silver

If you can change to a 15 R4, I think would be better. Dell changed some chipset controller in 15R3 so now they are not updating it as fast as the R4 anymore.

0 Kudos
ABQMG
Copper

Support assist keeps telling me to install 1.2.4 release 28th June 18.

I do the install and it keeps telling me to update.

Three times I have updated this bios and it still is listing the install as urgent?

0 Kudos
Nexus Moon
Silver

Don't pay attention to it. If later something happens to our system, Dell/Alienware will have to take responsibility for it.

0 Kudos
15r3 Gamer
Copper

i agree i always keep my computer up to date and its not very great that its only this thing is updating im getting the problem as well asking to install it again. I follow the steps it says. i close of all programs and turned off background apps and it still doesn't work or go away its been around my 4th time installing. Im disappointed and scared for the health of my computer

0 Kudos

Same issue here, thought it was just me.

I have version 1.2.4 installed and it keeps prompting me to install a new BIOS version. I checked the website and it shows the update is 1.3.0 and the release date is June 28th, BUT it is still the 1.2.4 update.

Dunno if someone uploaded the wrong BIOS version or what.

Chhristiann
Copper

I have had the same issue. I am having overheating issues and hopefully updating the BIOS would help with this but I can't at the moment.

0 Kudos