Fjolfrin
Copper

BIOS updates, AlienFX Lighting, and Intel HD 530 Drivers

Hello

So I have an Alienware 13 R3 with the i7-6700HQ CPU, and I'm having a number of problems.

• I did the latest March 8th BIOS update, the moment it came out, but since then I'm continuously notified by SupportAssist to make this update as if I have never done it. I tried applying the update again and again with the hope that the message would disappear, but with no luck...
  • Also, and least important, the AlienFX button doesn't seem to work in any occasion, unless I have the command center open. 
  • Last but not least, I tried to do the Windows Feature Update 1803 with no success due to, as it seems, graphics hardware problems. I read in a forum that uninstalling the graphics drivers for both the dedicated and the integrated GPU, doing the update, and reinstalling them, would fix the issue. I wasn't able to do the update... But never mind that, it seems that I now can't install the Intel HD 530 drivers, neither from Intel's site, which prompts me to visit my system's manufacturer website, neither from Dell's website or SupportAssist, as I am told that the drivers I want to install are not compatible with my device. However on Device Management, the GPU is recognized, and Windows claim that it has downloaded drivers for it.

If you have any ideas on any of the above problems, I'd be grateful! Especially since the 3rd problem occurred, I'm noticing greater temperatures and fan noise.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: BIOS updates, AlienFX Lighting, and Intel HD 530 Drivers

Hello,

This behavior with the Alienware Support Assist is just a glitch. If the Bios update already went through, you can just disregard the notification, it will eventually disappear. For the alienFX issue try clean installing the Alienware command center, it may help, here you'll find a video that shows how to do it. In regards to the last topic, Windows 1803 is not yet ready for Alienware computers, Microsoft has informed they'll release a new update for the 1803 version by the end of this month, it will be fully supported by Alienware models.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos