SJ3ff
1 Copper

Cannot disable Touchpad AW 17 R5 w/ external mouse connected

Alienware 17 R5, Windows 10 Pro. Installed latest drivers and no longer able to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is plugged in. Rolled back the drivers and the touchpad disables for about 30mins and then reenables itself. Have to Alt/Tab out of a game in order to disable again. Rinse/repeat.

Tried installing the latest drivers again hoping for an updated driver, same issue. No advanced options in Windows 10 Settings/Touchpad to disable the touchpad and no Touchpad control panel to to disable touchpad when mouse is connected.

This driver issue has rendered a 'gaming' machine useless for gaming when having to alt/tab back and forth to "manually" turn off the touchpad.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Cannot disable Touchpad AW 17 R5 w/ external mouse conne

Have you tried the following?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln114937/disabling-or-enabling-the-touchpad-on-a-dell...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
SJ3ff
1 Copper

Yes, does not work.

0 Kudos
Raskasar
1 Nickel

maybe you have to reinstall Alienware-Pointing-Devices, it's an extra app for handling your Touchpad.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well i had this problem smtime back.. and i fiugred out simple way.. mail <Email id removed>  will show you how..hate this forum anyhow

0 Kudos