Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2018 12:00

17 R5, cannot uninstall AWCC

Title states one of the problems.  Have a newish 17R5.  When I launched the command center today (5.1.18) the software began an update.  It properly downloads the update and then proceeds to install v5 1.24.0 (A00).  I click "install", it extracts the files an begins the wizard. 

Then I receive the first error:  "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

It is looking for 'Alienware Command Center Suite.msi'.  I am assuming is is for uninstalling the current version because when I point to the .msi just extracted I receive "...is not a valid installation package..."  When I cancel the process another error:  Error 1714:  The older version of Alienware Command Center Suite cannot be removed."  Then error 1603 "Fatal error during installation."  I cannot find any other version on the computer.  

After I close the installer the currently installed command center stays open but is unusable.  I attempted to uninstall through the control panel and receive this error:   "The installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the source exists and you can access it."  It is looking for ed458.msi.     

I have watched the video and followed the instructions for uninstalling / reinstalling command center and it does not work.   Problem 1 is I cannot uninstall.  Problem 2 is some of the noted folders are not present.  Problem 3 is none of the registry keys are found when I search for them.

I need a way to manually remove the command center software in order to install the current version since the installer is broken.  I have also manually downloaded the current command center and the same issues apply.  It seems to boil-down to an inability to remove the current version.

1 Message

March 21st, 2021 01:00

After I uninstalled AWCC some of the files were left in my pc. I couldn´t get rid of it. I solved this with Revo uninstaller program. it worked fine for me. Hope this helps

83 Posts

May 27th, 2018 15:00

Hello i used to have this problem with adobe products and as stupid as it sounds download the control centre again but this time save it to a different location, like desktop, so long as it is different then run the installer. It used to work for me. if it still wont install a simple registry edit should do it.

Good luck

May 27th, 2018 15:00

Appreciate the reply; I have tried that without success, unfortunately.  I have attempted to install from 2 internal hard-drives and a USB drive. I believe the base problem is the old command center cannot uninstall and it seems to be unaffected by where the new install originates.

I looked at a registry edit but the noted keys (taken from Alienware's instructions for manually uninstalling) are not present.  If there is a registry edit to be made I have not found it yet.

83 Posts

May 28th, 2018 01:00

Here's the link to the web page explaining how to fix this with pictures.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-network-resource-unavailable-install-error-windows-10

Hit Windows Key + R.
Type in "regedit".
Hit OK.

Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products".
Manually select each listing within this folder until you come across any with the software name under "ProductName".

For any of these entries you find, right-click on each one.
Choose "Export".
Once again right-click the listing
This time, choose "Delete".

Finally, you should reboot your PC and then re-run the installer executable.

4 Posts

November 14th, 2018 21:00

Here's how I fixed it on computer Alienware 17r5 2018, I reinstalled English Windows 10 on a Chinese Windows 10 and it deleted my Alienware control center, I couldn't reinstall it. Fatal Error 1063, here's what I did:

Launch the Run Command (Windows Key + R)

Type %appdata% and press Enter

Delete any Alienware Folder. If the folder is not there just continue.

Type %programdata% and press Enter

Delete any Alienware Folder. If the folder is not there just continue.

Go To C:\Program Files\Alienware\
(Older versions of command center will be under C:\Program Files (x86), please check both folders.)

Delete the Alienware Folder

Go to the Documents Folder (My Documents on Win 7)

Delete the AlienFX and Alienware TactX Folders

Launch the Run Command

Type regedit

Search the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware

Delete Alienware Folder

Search the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alienware

Delete Alienware Folder

Restart PC

Reinstall microsoft netframework (I installed .NET Framework 4.7.2)

Restart PC

Download older version of Alienware Control Center from Dell (Older is more stable, 5.2 was out and I downloaded 5.1)

Install and Pray

No Events found!