RAlexandru
1 Copper

Re: Dell Alienware - Horrible Premium Warranty Customer Serv

Hello,

It seems that Alienware is going down the hill, I also have some problems with my Laptop, but they are to overwelmed to repair tham that after 2 weeks (premiun support) they they told me to wait.

clipboard_image_0.png

Then after several phone conversation (paid extra by me )

clipboard_image_0.png

The same day later I've got another reply  :))

clipboard_image_2.png

The logic:

1. Buy Alienware

2. Buy extra Premium Warranty

3. Use the Next day support covered by warranty

clipboard_image_3.png

4. In repair the status is Repair not covered by Warranty.

clipboard_image_4.png

5. Next time find another replacement.

6. Customer lost... I hope this goes well for dell, because the customers will not chose this kind f services.

Arun1984
1 Copper

Re: Dell Alienware - Horrible Premium Warranty Customer Serv

I have had a similar experience to several others here. I bought an Alienware m17 back in early April, 2019 (so 8 months prior to making this post). In October, 2019 (6 months after purchase), it spontaneously failed to boot. I submitted a claim to Alienware on October 6. They were actually pretty quick about sending me a box to overnight my machine to their repair facility. They never told me what was wrong with my machine, but presumably it was the motherboard. Almost a month went by, and when they contacted me on November 1, I was told that the replacement part they needed was unavailable, and they asked if I'd accept a system exchange. I agreed, and they sent me a new machine. This machine booted, but when I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version, I would get a fan error on boot, and while I could get into Windows 10, the GPU fan would constantly blow at maximum speed. I submitted another claim, and Alienware went through hours of useless troubleshooting steps with me over the course of several days before sending a tech to replace the fan in my laptop.

That was on November 20, i.e. a month and a half into this. The replacement fan did not work, and so they ordered a new motherboard to be replaced by a tech. I asked them to do another warranty exchange, but I was told that refurbished units aren't eligible for a warranty exchange. So I had to keep waiting with no upper limit on how long this process might take. On December 4 I was told that because the motherboard was on backorder for so long, they would in fact do a warranty exchange, but that I had to wait for a "like-for-like" system to be found in their stock of refurbished machines. It is now December 11 and I am still waiting, but I was told today that since no refurbished machine is available they will send me a new machine. Mind you, this is two months and five days into the process and I do not possess a fully functioning machine. My warranty expires in April and I fully expect to not have a working machine on that date, so I'm not sure what will be the outcome here. A few thoughts:

- I paid $2,200 for the Alienware m17 laptop, and instead got a lemon. Obviously I will never purchase a Dell product again.

- I'm not sure how it's possible that Dell can't replace a component that they themselves manufacture.

- I'm also not sure how Dell can have so much trouble locating a refurbished machine when they are still selling this laptop in stores.

- Keep in mind that several of us have waited months without working machines. This defeats the purpose of purchasing a brand new gaming laptop only to have it non-functional while newer machines become available.

- I'm certain that Dell uses such language in its warranties that it is legally protected. However I feel that I have been defrauded by them. Again, I would never engage in a new financial transaction with this company.

I'm sure this thread is populated with former Dell customers. Can anyone recommend a competitor which offers a similar product but with better warranty support?

0 Kudos