Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2018 18:00

Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver failed to update.

Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver failed to update.

Alienware 15 R4

Intel(R) Core(TM) 8300H CPU @ 2.3GHz 64-bit Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.165

26 Posts

July 20th, 2018 11:00

New Dell SupportAssist app (v.2.2.3.2) was released today. The Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver is still in the download queue and still fails to install. I uninstalled the Dell SupportAssist app, then reinstalled it, but this driver update remains in the queue and still fails. Either the moderator has not passed this along to the software team, or they don't know how to fix it.

July 21st, 2018 14:00

I was able to successfully install the Alienware/Dell Support Assist driver update to the Intel UHD 630 driver 23.20.16.5017.

Unfortunately, I tried the suggestion posted on 7/15/2018 by Yaseen Qamar. This solution does nothing but reinstalls the previously released driver version 23.20.16.4973.

I successfully installed the Dell/Alienware Intel UHD 630 driver via the following steps:

1. Manually downloaded the driver from Dell at the following link.

2. Execute or open the downloaded file. It will ask for Admin rights, answer yes. A "Dell Update Package" window will appear.

a. Select (Extract) and save to a new folder on your desktop.

3. Now open Windows settings (Win + X) keys and select "Settings."

4. In the new window (Windows Settings) select (Apps) --> (Intel Graphics Driver) and uninstall the driver.

a. Reboot your computer.

5. Upon login after rebooting, open Device Manager (Win +  X) and select "Device Manager."

a. Verify the Intel UHD driver is uninstalled. If the driver is still there (right-click) on the device and select uninstall the device and all drivers and then reboot.

6. Once the computer is rebooted, again go to Device Manager.

a. Locate the device needing the new UHD 630 driver (Video Controller)

b. Right click on the (Video Controller) and select "Update Driver"

7. In the new window select (Browse my computer for driver software).

a. In the new window (browse) to the folder on your desktop and select it.

b. Select (next) to manually install the drivers.

c. Upon completion reboot your computer.

8. Now after rebooting go back to the original file-driver download from Dell and open it and this time select (Install) and go through the normal installation routine.

The software will install without error and will now show up in Apps (Windows Settings) for future uninstall.

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Cyber_Knight

July 21st, 2018 15:00

I attempted YaseenQamar's solution and all it does is install the previous version (23.20.16.4973)

I was able to install the latest Intel UHD 630 graphics driver released from Dell (23.20.16.5017) by performing the following steps.

1.  Download the Intel UHD 630 graphics driver (23.20.16.5017) from Dell/Alienware and save it to your desktop.

2. Uninstall your current Intel Graphics driver in Windows Settings (Win + X ) --> Settings and go to Apps and Features. Find the app Intel Graphics driver and uninstall.

3. Reboot

4. After rebooting, Windows may reinstall remnants of the old driver. Open Device Manager (Win + X) --> Device Manager and go to (Display Adapters) and expand the arrow to verify it is uninstalled. If not, right click on the Intel UHD Graphics 630 device and select (Uninstall device). In the new window be sure to check the (box) "Delete the driver software for this device" and then select (Uninstall).

5. Reboot

6. After rebooting, open the file downloaded from Dell on your desktop.

7. In the new window select (EXTRACT) and extract to a new folder on your desktop.

8. In Device Manager locate the device (Video Controller) which should indicate it needs drivers. Now right click on it and select (Update driver).

9. In the new window select (Browse my computer for driver software).

10. Browse to the new folder on the desktop you extracted the driver files to and then select (Next) to manually install the drivers.

11. Reboot.

12. After rebooting, go to the file (driver) downloaded from Dell and open it and run the (Install). This will finish installing all the related software for the Intel UHD 630 graphics driver. Additionally, the Intel Graphics driver app will now appear in apps for easy uninstall at a later date.

These steps worked for me, I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cyber_Knight

26 Posts

July 21st, 2018 18:00

Cyber_Knight, after doing all of this, did you check to see if it removed the driver update for the Dell SupportAssist app?

89 Posts

July 22nd, 2018 13:00

I second the question... 

Cyber_Knight, after doing all of this, did you check to see if it removed the driver update for the Dell SupportAssist app?

1 Message

July 31st, 2018 17:00

Works perfect thanks 

5 Posts

August 1st, 2018 12:00

: Thank you, that solved the driver problem for my brand new 17R5. ;)

1 Message

August 3rd, 2018 20:00

Thank you!  It worked!

83 Posts

August 4th, 2018 10:00

This method works, Thanks

The only thing is my ACDSee image viewing program refuses to start. I uninstalled the Intel driver and my ACDSee is working again.

1 Message

August 7th, 2018 09:00

Good job, Thanks

89 Posts

August 8th, 2018 15:00

I don't know, but I paid $4,000 for this computer just three months ago and it's given me way too many problems.

1 Message

August 8th, 2018 20:00

The same problem appeared on my Dell XPS 15 9570 i9 processor and these steps worked like charm. Thanks for sharing.

2 Posts

August 13th, 2018 08:00

I did this fix and it worked for me on my new 3670. I have noticed now that the Intel Graphics Control panel that you get to from right clicking will not load anymore. When I click to open the control panel it comes up and says initializing and after a few seconds it just disappears. Has anyone else noticed this? I know it worked before I got the update to take. Also if you go to Intels site it shows a newer driver for the UHD 630 but the Support Assist does not show anything newer. Has anyone installed the newest update from Intel or is it best to stick with what the support assistant says? Also is anyone else’s Intel graphic control panel now not working and has anyone come up with a fix. 

1 Message

August 14th, 2018 22:00

Buzzcronym, thanks a million.  Worked exactly as you describe.  Much appreciated.

2 Posts

August 16th, 2018 00:00

Update. There was a cumulative windows update I got today and after that update the Intel software is loading again !

No Events found!