Buzzcronym
2 Iron

Re: Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver failed to update.

Jump to solution

Who is this person telling people to “remove battery” from their laptops? It’s already been established by a moderator the problem is a glitch in the SupportAssist app, and not a driver issue.

Like most Dell Laptops, removal of the battery is basic troubleshooting which is done by the customer. Which is why we included those instructions in the online Alienware 17-R5 Service Manual, page 101.
DELL-Chris M

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Is there an ETA for a fix for the Intel UHD 630 driver install problem? I have it on an Alienware 15 R4 with Windows 10 Pro 10.0.16299

MarkFleener
2 Iron

Jump to solution

That's absurd.  They need to fix this so we don't have to go thru such nonsense.

Phileos
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I came to the forums to post the same Problem:
On my Alienware 15 R4 1070+630 the 630 driver can't be updated:

In SupportAssist the installation just fails without comment.

When downloading the correct driver using the product tag on the Dell Service section the driver can't be installed as it is "not verified by manufacturer".

@Alienware-Eimy

Capture.PNG

Buzzcronym
2 Iron

Jump to solution

New Dell SupportAssist app (v.2.2.3.2) was released today. The Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver is still in the download queue and still fails to install. I uninstalled the Dell SupportAssist app, then reinstalled it, but this driver update remains in the queue and still fails. Either the moderator has not passed this along to the software team, or they don't know how to fix it.

Cyber_Knight
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully install the Alienware/Dell Support Assist driver update to the Intel UHD 630 driver 23.20.16.5017.

Unfortunately, I tried the suggestion posted on 7/15/2018 by Yaseen Qamar. This solution does nothing but reinstalls the previously released driver version 23.20.16.4973.

I successfully installed the Dell/Alienware Intel UHD 630 driver via the following steps:

1. Manually downloaded the driver from Dell at the following link.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MYK8D 

2. Execute or open the downloaded file. It will ask for Admin rights, answer yes. A "Dell Update Package" window will appear.

a. Select (Extract) and save to a new folder on your desktop.

3. Now open Windows settings (Win + X) keys and select "Settings."

4. In the new window (Windows Settings) select (Apps) --> (Intel Graphics Driver) and uninstall the driver.

a. Reboot your computer.

5. Upon login after rebooting, open Device Manager (Win +  X) and select "Device Manager."

a. Verify the Intel UHD driver is uninstalled. If the driver is still there (right-click) on the device and select uninstall the device and all drivers and then reboot.

6. Once the computer is rebooted, again go to Device Manager.

a. Locate the device needing the new UHD 630 driver (Video Controller)

b. Right click on the (Video Controller) and select "Update Driver"

7. In the new window select (Browse my computer for driver software).

a. In the new window (browse) to the folder on your desktop and select it.

b. Select (next) to manually install the drivers.

c. Upon completion reboot your computer.

8. Now after rebooting go back to the original file-driver download from Dell and open it and this time select (Install) and go through the normal installation routine.

The software will install without error and will now show up in Apps (Windows Settings) for future uninstall.

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Cyber_Knight

0 Kudos
Cyber_Knight
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I attempted YaseenQamar's solution and all it does is install the previous version (23.20.16.4973)

I was able to install the latest Intel UHD 630 graphics driver released from Dell (23.20.16.5017) by performing the following steps.

1.  Download the Intel UHD 630 graphics driver (23.20.16.5017) from Dell/Alienware and save it to your desktop.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MYK8D

2. Uninstall your current Intel Graphics driver in Windows Settings (Win + X ) --> Settings and go to Apps and Features. Find the app Intel Graphics driver and uninstall.

3. Reboot

4. After rebooting, Windows may reinstall remnants of the old driver. Open Device Manager (Win + X) --> Device Manager and go to (Display Adapters) and expand the arrow to verify it is uninstalled. If not, right click on the Intel UHD Graphics 630 device and select (Uninstall device). In the new window be sure to check the (box) "Delete the driver software for this device" and then select (Uninstall).

5. Reboot

6. After rebooting, open the file downloaded from Dell on your desktop.

7. In the new window select (EXTRACT) and extract to a new folder on your desktop.

8. In Device Manager locate the device (Video Controller) which should indicate it needs drivers. Now right click on it and select (Update driver).

9. In the new window select (Browse my computer for driver software).

10. Browse to the new folder on the desktop you extracted the driver files to and then select (Next) to manually install the drivers.

11. Reboot.

12. After rebooting, go to the file (driver) downloaded from Dell and open it and run the (Install). This will finish installing all the related software for the Intel UHD 630 graphics driver. Additionally, the Intel Graphics driver app will now appear in apps for easy uninstall at a later date.

These steps worked for me, I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cyber_Knight

Buzzcronym
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Cyber_Knight, after doing all of this, did you check to see if it removed the driver update for the Dell SupportAssist app?

0 Kudos
MarkFleener
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I second the question... 

Cyber_Knight, after doing all of this, did you check to see if it removed the driver update for the Dell SupportAssist app?

0 Kudos
Buzzcronym
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The easiest way to update the Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver is to download the install package from Dell, for your specific model (mine is the 17R5). Then launch the installer, which will prompt you to -Install- or -Extract-. Choose the -Extract- button, because -Install- will fail just like in the SupportAssist app. Put the extracted files on a drive or folder of your choice.

Then right-click the Windows button in the bottom left and go to Device Manager. Expand -Display adapters- and right-click on Intel UHD Graphics 630, and select -Update driver-. Browse to the location you extracted the driver package to, and select the -Graphics- folder. Your UHD Graphics 630 will be successfully updated.

But, you're not finished yet. Launch the Dell SupportAssist app, which will still show the update for the Intel UHD Graphics 630. Hit the -Install- button and let it download and install the driver, which it will do successfully this time, after which it will prompt you to reboot.

Don’t waste your time with other suggestions that tell you to uninstall, reinstall, or remove battery. Those steps are not necessary.