Highlighted
Knuckles69
1 Copper

Is it possible to have a Display Upgrade from fhd to qhd ?

I have Aw17 R4 with gtx 1070 and i7-7th Gen ... It has a 60hz 1080p display .. I mostly play Games and I want higher refresh rates like 120 or something with some nice color accuracy... Is it possible to upgrade the display ?? pls help 😔

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Is it possible to have a Display Upgrade from fhd to qhd

Your post is a bit confusing.  Your topic line asked about FHD to QHD, which would be a higher resolution, and then in your post you talked about a higher refresh rate and better color accuracy.  Those are all completely different things.  But in general, you can upgrade to any display that was originally available from the factory on that system model.  According to this page on support.dell.com, the 17 R4 was available with a QHD display that also supports 120 Hz.  If you want to know about color accuracy, see if you can find a review of the 17 R4 that had the QHD display.  You should be able to contact Dell Spare Parts to find out what that display would cost if you want to buy it, or of course check places like eBay, but you might also want to look at what would be involved in replacing it.  The Service Manual here provides step-by-step guides, and as you can see there are quite a few other items you have to remove first before you can remove the display.

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Is it possible to have a Display Upgrade from fhd to qhd

Well, I found a review of the 17 R4 that specifically discusses the QHD display if you're curious: https://laptopmedia.com/review/alienware-17-r4-qhd-120hz-variant-review-one-of-the-best-out-of-the-b...

0 Kudos