Highlighted

Issue after issue ALIENWARE 17 R5

Thnx to new update to command center and windows... win hello got restored and working but now.. command center has no realtek sound control..tried everthing including reinstalling entire driver set..still issue remains..

DELL DO YOU EVEN CHECK BEFORE YOU PUSH OUT UPDATES? 

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: Issue after issue ALIENWARE 17 R5

Hi @lalitsehgal21,

New Command Center does not have it. It has been removed. If you want it back, install a previous version or try a system restore. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

If this is the case then how do we manage sound settings for realtek like reverb.. bass trebel.. sound profiles etc..how do we get it
0 Kudos

Tell me how do we manage audio profiles or advance settings...  and why such blunder.. how to manage sound modes like 7.1 on or off.. this is so stupid.. 

0 Kudos

FYI tried installing old awcc and audio controls are gone.. even fresh install is no help

0 Kudos

@lalitsehgal21,

Install the Realtek Audio App from MS Store or download an older version of the Audio Driver from downloads.dell.com.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
AWinMT
Bronze

There are 2 interfaces for audio: the Realtek Audio Console, and the AW Command Center (which is far better in my opinion). I recently lost the audio portion in the AWCC, but when I went to the Dell support page for drivers, and installed the Realtek drivers version 6.0.1.8557, released 19 NOV 2018, the audio controls in the AWCC came back! Dell support advises to install the audio drivers before installing the AWCC, but that did not matter in my case. The AWCC version I have is 5.2.17.0, and again, the audio controls are present. That would be a disappointment if Dell decides to discontinue the audio controls in the AWCC. As mentioned, where would we get the 7.1 virtual surround sound, or the audio Recon profiles, which are integral to this gaming laptop?
0 Kudos

Thnx for reply.. i did the same what you said.. but controls are gone.. in tried reinstalling aug version of awcc and no matter what i do.. the controls are missing. The audio add on from microsoft store “alienware sound center” is the one that should work.. but seems like even that does not install well... if they have done ancheap trick of removing audio.. my question was same... how do we access advance audio options.

so many wrong issues ..dell is going to dogs

0 Kudos
AWinMT
Bronze

The 17R5 is advertised & sold as having 7.1 virtual surround sound.  I just cannot believe that this would somehow be discontinued, especially as this model is sold as a gaming laptop.  Good audio is a reason to buy this laptop for gaming purposes, and music as well.  I think, and hope, this will get sorted out...

0 Kudos

Tried..reverting to old.. nothing working.. 

0 Kudos