Long wait for my Alienware M15.

Hello,

I was just curious if anyone else was seeing the insane wait time for the new Alienware M15 Laptops. When I ordered one the estimated date was 12-16 Business days, which to begin with is very lengthy. Once the order was placed though, my Estimated delivery date is December 10th.... It's not even November 10th yet. For a 2,000$ + laptop, what's the massive hold up on delivery? Not a ton I expect to get out of this, just venting and wondering if everyone else is encountering the same thing. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Long wait for my Alienware M15.

Hi @SolidStateSR71,

We apologize for the delay. This are new machines, it is normal for that to happen on the start of the ordering period. It may get to you before the expectation delivery date, but, the site will show the max we would expect for it to ship.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Brand new model and production delays go hand in hand.  It's also holiday-rush time, where production lines are building systems for the retail channel.  It would not be a surprise to see the delays further extended.

0 Kudos

Alright, Thanks. I just checked and the Estimated dates before purchasing have dropped to 9-12 Business Days for the cheaper models. I was just wondering does the Estimated Date on the order update throughout the manufacturing process? Or will that date only update (if it applies to me) when the laptop is shipped?

Thanks for the help.

-Scott

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

I wouldn't extrapolate that.  The cheaper models are also likely those that ship to retailers - they're made in bulk.

If you want a silver Toyota Camry, no problem.  Want one in bright red - or some other uncommon color -- you may wait a while.  Same with systems - buy a common configuration off the shelf, or wait for a custom order.

0 Kudos

@ejn63What I meant is when I ordered it on Monday, the Estimated Date that was shown under the model I purchased was 12-16 Business Days. When I check back to the same model today, It shows that the Estimated Date would be 9-12 Business Days. I was wondering in turn, if the Order Status estimated date (December 10th) will change in general over the course of production or if it will only change once the laptop is finished and being shipped.

0 Kudos

Hello @SolidStateSR71

Please send me your Dell order number in a private message. We would like to check the order status to confirm if there is something we can do to help. To send a private message, click on the little envelope icon on the top right corner of the page, then click "New Message", and type my username (Alienware - Rodrigo) on the "Send to" space. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos