Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

J

3 Posts

February 19th, 2019 17:00

Macro Key Setup

I've been trying to set up my Macros on Alienware Command Center. I create the new macro and drag it onto the key I want to assign it to, yet every time I go to assign those keys to actions in-game, the macros are not what I have them set as.

For example,

The "x" key at the top left side of my keyboard that I use to switch between macros is assigned to "W" for some reason.

The rest of the keys below (1-5) are assigned to the keys E, R, T, Y, and U and no matter what I do on Alienware Command Center, I can't change this.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 20th, 2019 08:00

Hi @jdrum97,

Check<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3 Posts

February 20th, 2019 11:00

I watched this video already, but Command Center has been updated since it was posted and editing the macros no longer looks like what is reflected in the video. 

3 Posts

February 20th, 2019 12:00

I have found what is potentially the issue. When I set my "Active Theme" for Command Center, it activates the color scheme that I created but it will not activate the Macros I have assigned even though I click the box that says activate macros.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2019 08:00

I am having a similar problem to this.

Strangely, the macros work sometimes, but then they stop. This is particularly true in the case of my default theme, that I use not for gaming, but everyday use.

I notice that when I click on "Make Active Default Theme", there are red, circled exclamation marks beside "Macros" and "Settings". I'm assuming that this indicates some sort of error, but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. Perhaps figuring this out will ultimately solve the problem.

The only way that I'm guaranteed to have game macros work is to launch the game through the command center. Generally, this seems to be fine.

1 Message

August 2nd, 2019 04:00

i have the same prob cant solve it at all why dell not answering and tell us how to solve the prob this is poor

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 14:00

Hi @maxiem

Send me a private message (by clicking on my Alienware name) with the Alienware PC Service Tag number, a detailed explanation of the issue and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so I can review your case.

1 Message

August 30th, 2019 15:00

I'm having similar issues with my AW959 mouse macro keys do not appear to be programmable through the AW command center. Can we post the solution publicly so others can solve the problem?

October 6th, 2019 21:00

I have the same issue

1 Message

October 19th, 2019 08:00

hello,

After creating a new macro keystroke simply drag and drop that shortcut on the desired key and after that you will see a macro logo on that respective key.

No Events found!