justin456
2 Bronze

Never buy Alienware or Dell Products again!

So I decided to by my Alienware 15 r3 back in December 2016 after dreaming about it since I am a student, Afterpaying for a year, I decided ALIENWare since it is ALIENWARE! what else could I dream off! 

Everything was fine but then after 8 months into it my motherboard is busted no USB ports are working so Dell replace my board for free! which I thought was a great service. 

I am taking care of this laptop like my wife! cleaning it weekly and making sure it stays and looks brand new, Only used it for like 3 to 6 hours a day. Never used heavy graphic games on it. 

Last night while playing DOTA 2 it suddenly shutsdown. I though at first something disconnected my power plug and after 3 hours of trying everything in youtube it still wont start!! I was not able to sleep at all. I just finished paying this and now its gone! 

I called Dell service since its just 1 year and 5 months old! Its like I paid 200 dollars a month for using it! but since its not in warranty anymore I have to pay first for them to check this. I paid 240 canadian just to have it checked and replace a memory or something but it might get to 350 to 500$ which is a pain for me. 

So I am warning you! Do not get dell products even Alienware! I even recommended this to my friend and now I am urging him to sell it! 

This is my first purchase from Dell and will be the last one for sure! Go get a Razer or something my Brother has it for 2 years now and its still working great!

2 Replies

Re: Never buy Alienware or Dell Products again!

Hi, 

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. If you need further assistance, send me a private message with your Service Tag and I will get back to you. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
aarontiger
2 Bronze

Re: Never buy Alienware or Dell Products again!

I understand that I am been dealing with dells unfair treatment that has now been going 4 years now

0 Kudos