raazinmobile
1 Copper

Problem while update windows to 1803 in my Alienware 13 R3

While updating windows from 1709 to 1803 it gives error and doesn't install the update .I have windows 10 Home edition installed in my alienwarePicture-2018-05-09 10.43.06.jpgerror messagePicture-2018-05-09 10.43.09.jpgerror message

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Problem while update windows to 1803 in my Alienware 13 R3

Hi @raazinmobile!

There have been reports of issues with this update. We strongly recommend waiting until the third week of May for a new update. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Tammy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
SimplyJ3sse
1 Nickel

Tammy,

Is there any notice on the status of a new update? 

Trying to figure out before I update my Alienware 13R3 to 1803. 

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

@SimplyJ3ssewrote:

Tammy,

Is there any notice on the status of a new update? 

Trying to figure out before I update my Alienware 13R3 to 1803. 

If Windows Update doesn't allow 1803 to install, then there is no new status.  Once Microsoft has a fix available, affected systems will be allowed to update because the update they download will include the fix.

0 Kudos
tomtj24
1 Copper

Re: Problem while update windows to 1803 in my Alienware 13

until then we cant get any newer updates to windows, so how are we going to be able to get the fix when windows update is stuck on the failed 1803 update, just shows a button that says fix, no way to scan for updates, Oh and by the way Dell considers this a windows problem and directed me to microsoft for a fix, Microsoft wants to make a fix but considers it an issue with Dell and asked me to contact them again, so here we are playing blame game and consumers suffer. WHO CARES JUST FIX IT

0 Kudos
Dr_Geoff
1 Copper

Are there any updates on this?

It is now the first week of June and still Win10 1803 refuses to install on the Alienware 13R3.

It would be nice to know what action Dell is taking and when a resolution can be expected.

0 Kudos
enun_77
1 Nickel

@Dr_Geoff I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to attempt to use Windows 10 Update Assistant to update my Alienware 13 since some people are claiming that they're not seeing errors with that method. I'll report back with the results. 

0 Kudos
enun_77
1 Nickel

It took a while but I was able to upgrade to 1803 on my Alienware 13 with no errors. I used the Windows 10 Update Assistant that can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (Note: Do this at your own risk. Not sure if Dell or Microsoft recommend this method)

My laptop is now showing Windows 10 Home Version 1803 with OS build 17134.81. I'll start testing all my apps to see if I run into any problems. I quickly played a game of Destiny 2 after the update and it was fine. 

0 Kudos
enun_77
1 Nickel

I upgraded to 1803 using the Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. I won't post links to that site since it seems that the moderators here deleted my last post. So far all seems OK but do this at your own risk since I don't think that Microsoft or Dell recommend this option. 

0 Kudos