Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:29

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2018 12:00

Hi @Bleep13,

Have you configured the amplifier again? Remember that the driver that needs to be installed is the one from the laptops video card, not the amplifiers video card. 

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2018 13:00

What is "configuring the amplifier" mean? I've got the alienware "popup" that tells me sales stuff. I've got the cool color change thing that has graphics amp. I'm 60+, so yeah.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 27th, 2018 08:00

Turn on the PC without the Amplifier, then in Windows connect it and let it reboot.

5 Posts

February 27th, 2018 12:00

OK I turned it on without the AGA. "then in Windows connect it and let it reboot"?!?  How will Windows detect the AGA if it's not plugged in(the special cable). Where do I connect it, what program. I know I'm old, but my comprehension of the language isn't.  Windows won't detect something that isn't physically plugged in. So how can Windows connect it...I see what people mean, now. I'm quite disheartened. Details, please. My system SHOULD work. It DID work. It doesn't now. What can I do (other than wait for God to show up with an Alienware miracle.) Support, PLEASE.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 1st, 2018 15:00

Set up the amplifier again following the steps on this video:

Alienware Graphics Amplifier: Setup

Reset the video card power cables (in the Amplifier) and reinstall the laptops video driver from our website. 

If this doesn't work the cable may have been damaged.

5 Posts

March 2nd, 2018 10:00

Same thing.  I did the video steps up to and until the power on part, then:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTWZs-z3kVo   I had previously removed the power cables on the card, took the video card out and in (simulating replacing the card), and replaced both the power cables on the card, closed the amp, plugged in the AC and "special" cable, turned on the laptop(with the AC and "special" cable plugged in). Oh, yeah, I forgot, all the while hooked up to an electrostatic wristband plugged into the ground in the wall (being a tech had it's advantages.) So I guess the cable must be damaged. So how do I replace the cable? How much is it? The laptop is under warranty, but I don't know about the amp. But it was less than six months ago.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 9th, 2018 07:00

Send me a PM with the service tag so I can check. 

No Events found!