Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

February 28th, 2020 03:00

Quality issue with Area-51m, Buyers beware no premium insurance support

Hi guys,

NEW BUYERS BEWARE - Easy damage from normal use with no help from premium insurance

I wanted to share my experience with purchasing the top of the line Alienware 51m, and the very poor quality material which get damage from normal day to day use easily.

I purchased my Alienware 51m in in May 2019 with the top customization ($5000+), which have insurance coverage to 29 May 2020. The device it self is excellent and is fault free and does run fast. However.....

The issue started last week when I place my normal standard mouse on top of the lid and went on holiday for 4 days. When I returned and remove the mouse from the top of the lid, I can clearly see that there is discoloration from the lid. The white color seems to have disappear from the lid, and there was zero stain. The mouse it self is in perfect condition. It seems like the standard material of the 51m is having issue.

I contacted customer service, and shown them the photo and explain to them that this is normal use and the mouse was place lightly on top of the surface. I also offer to send in both the mouse and the notebooks for testing on the quality of the notebooks. The customer service informed me that they will get back to me in a few days, and when they got back to me they said that this is not covered by the insurance and there will be no solution.

I wanted to share this experience because when you pay $5,000+, you would expect a premium service and insurance to follow, but what i received instead was a company that does not standby it's product and will not help the customer. So please be aware of how fragile this notebook is, and that dell will not standby its quality and the QC of their product.

I have attached photo for your viewing. Sadly I do love Alienware, and I planned to extended the warranty for another two years. With this turn of event, it has sadden me and my loyalty for this brand is gone and I will have to look elsewhere for my next machine.

Select wisely if you are planning to invest $5000

5FCB642F-66B5-4B7B-8C6A-738E14CC7FB6.jpgS__7364649.jpgIMG_5771.jpgIMG_5795.jpg

No Responses!
No Events found!