Highlighted
1 Copper

SSD Harddrive quit after 1 year. Is normal for Alienware?

Hi, a couple of weeks ago my computer R15 gave out completely after only a year and I purchase it through the DELL website NEW. The SSD quit and Dell told me I would have to wait 5 days for someone to call me for support. I couldn't wait 5 days because I am a web designer so I took it to a local PC store and they removed the SSD drive and added a 1 TB regular hard drive which is of course slow AF. So now I have no Alienware PC to speak because all of the Alienware graphics are gone. I paid over a grand for this computer 14 months ago so I am really **bleep** off that it died on me!

Is this normal? Funny how it happened right after my warranty ended too!

Never again will I buy Alienware or Dell for that. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SSD Harddrive quit after 1 year. Is normal for Alienware

Hi, 

We are sorry to hear about that inconvenience. I recommend that you contact the out of warranty department and explain to them your situation, they will be able to confirm the available repair options. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I did contact Dell again and they wanted another $89 to speed up my pc. What a joke! I have lost all of my data and personal files and software, & spent $300 to have a new hard drive put in. NEVER AGAIN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

您好,您指的外星人图形消失了是说壁纸和主题么?假如是壁纸,在网上是可以单独下载的哦,但是主题可能无法单独下载,如果是需要键盘灯光设置驱动,可以到戴尔的官网的应用程序列表下载的

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos