Highlighted
dellsox
Copper

Threats From Dell's Customer Service

Jump to solution

Recently I have spent almost $2,000 with Dell. And when I went to have an online chat with one of your reps, (name: MOHD_N), this "mohd_n" decides to threaten me!!! He said that he "has my IP, will report my IP to my Internet company, and will block my IP". Is this how Dell treats their customers? With threats?!?!?!? I spend money with you and you threaten me?!?!?!? With illegal threats?!?!?!?

I cancelled the order on the spot! Never again will I shop with Dell!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jphughan
Diamond

Re: Threats From Dell's Customer Service

Jump to solution

I'm guessing that the full transcript of this online chat would show that there's a LOT more to this story than you've just described here.  Also, submitting a report to your ISP and blocking your IP from Dell's servers (or whatever) is not technically threatening you personally.  If Dell submits a report to your ISP, then it's up to your ISP as to what happens.  If your ISP decides the report doesn't have merit, then nothing happens.  If they decide it DOES have merit, then Dell was arguably right to report it.  And Dell has every right to block your IP or anyone else's from accessing their infrastructure.

0 Kudos
dellsox
Copper

Jump to solution

You're right. There is a LOT more.

I order the laptop at one price. In 2 days (before you guys shipped it) I ask if I can change the color. You say the order has to be cancelled and I would have to "re-purchase the laptop". I do that, and this time around I get charged $300 more than what I originally paid. I ask you guys if you can price match the original price and you say "Yes". But my bank blocks the transaction. So I call my bank, they fix the problem, I come back to chat with a Dell rep (mohd_n)... and he try's to pull a scam on me and tells me "No, we can't price match. You have to buy it at full price". I'm like "I already got the price match approved... Why are you giving me a hard time"? He says "I've spoken to my manager... and he said "NO"." So I'm like "Why's your manager being a *D* about this..." He's reply is "Now we have your IP... We're coming after you... You'll report you... We'll Block you".... 

So at the end of the day I learned 1. Dell does price flipping to scam more money out of customers. 2. Dell does NOT support price matching. 3. And Dell gives ILLEGAL threats! Which violate US law! Saying the "D" word is NOT illegal. To say "We have your IP, we're coming after you IS ILLEGAL"!

I have a total of 8 Dell laptops and desktops. Every 2 years I used to buy a Dell computer... NEVER AGAIN! I DO NOT SUPPORT PRICE GOUGING CRIMINALS! HP Omen, here I come! 

Dell = Two Faced Scam of a "company"!

0 Kudos
jakeLP
Bronze

Jump to solution

i don't think that the company will do that such thing? probably that is some annoying employee from dell. u can report that threat to dell or to the government authority

0 Kudos