ska92
1 Copper

Very Poor Customer Care and Delivery System

I had ordered an Alienware M15 on Nov25th and the order was confirmed on the same day. I had paid 20$ extra to get it delivered between 4th December and 7th December. Before 7th I had made multiple contacts with Dell customer care to esquire about the delivery status and the response I received was that it was in the final stage of manufacturing/ready to be shipped/they are expediting. I believed what they said and gave 5stars for their customer service. But on 7th December my delivery date changed to Dec 11th-Dec 13th. This is completely unacceptable and it clearly shows that there is no transparency between the manufacturing facility and the dell customer care. If Dell had told me in advance that they cant deliver it on time I would have gone for other options to buy a laptop. I badly wanted the laptop before Dec 11th as I am travelling out of country on the 12th. That is the main reason why I paid 20$ extra to get it faster. Now it seems that all these while Dell made me wait and made me pay for something which I would not receive on time. I was planning to gift tis laptop to my sister and now because of the poor performance of dell i will not be able to do so. When I called the customer care on the 7th, first a person told that the item has been shipped from the manufacturing site via Fedex, but it has not cleared US customs and that is the reason for the delay. When I asked him if there is anything he can do about delivering the laptop before 11th he told me that I can cancel the order because it wont reach by 11th. The great response from a customer care rep of GREAT COMPANY. I asked him to transfer the call to his supervisor and then he put me on hold for more than a minute and I hung up. I reached out again to the customer care after 10 minutes and the next person told me that the laptop is still in the manufacturing facility and is delayed because of parts availability. In 10 minutes I got 2 completely different reasons for the same order number. If this is the way the dell customer care is functioning, I will be forced to change my mind and not buy any dell products from now. This is completely unacceptable where the reps try to lie to the customers who have paid and are waiting for the product. This is my first time experience, I have bought multiple items from other companies and the way they dealt with the orders and the customer care experiences were commendable. I am really surprised to experience a BELOW AVERAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE from DELL.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Very Poor Customer Care and Delivery System

Hi @ska92,

We're are very sorry for the bad experience you have had so far, please send me a private message with the order number so I can review your case. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
AndyM10
1 Nickel

Re: Very Poor Customer Care and Delivery System

Yes I had a very similar experience with there customer service staff each time I got a different story from it shipped 2 days ago to it’s shipping tomorrow. Also missed the delivery date I’d been assured I’d have it on before leaving for a trip and had to cancel the order, very poor customer service most likely the last time I will deal with Dell 

0 Kudos