Jester745
1 Copper

Want to upgrade my M17 r3 using Alienware Graphics Amplifier

I was considering purchasing the Radeon RX 560 EVO OC Edition 4GB PCI-E w/ HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D into the Alienware Graphics Amplifier for an upgrade for my laptops outdated ATI Radeon HD 6800 video card (4GB Shared Video Memory1GB DDR5) . Will this fit/work? Or would you choose another route for an upgrade?
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Want to upgrade my M17 r3 using Alienware Graphics Amplifier

Hi @Jester745,

OC cards are not validated so we can't confirm functionality. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Mkenny1221
1 Copper

Re: Want to upgrade my M17 r3 using Alienware Graphics Amplifier

do not waste your time or money on a graphics amplifier.  It has been the worst experience of any piece of tech i have ever owned.  I have spent more time trying to get this thing to work than it is worth. There is little to no support for the device and Dells advice is just to uninstall things and hope that it fixes the issue. It has not.  Dell takes responsibility for nothing, and it is near to impossible to receive support as my laptop is out of warranty.  However, my laptop is not the issue.  It is the additional $800 i spent to upgrade it on the graphics card and amplifier.  please do not buy this, it will literally just ruin your day anytime you boot up your computer. 

0 Kudos