Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

12 Posts

September 20th, 2018 03:00

17 R5, why does the ACC service take 2.5 mins to load?

Hi All,

When I boot into windows on my A17R5 with a factory image, I am unable to access the ACC OC controls without waiting for the service to load...which takes around 2.5 mins without fail every boot.

Does anyone know how to prioritize this service so I dont have to wait 2.5 mins every boot?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 20th, 2018 11:00

Hi @Gr3chie,

Was the AWCC working fine prior to the factory image?

Make sure the BIOS is up to date.

If the system has mechanical HDD +SSD, make sure the OS is located in the SSD.

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

12 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 01:00

Hi @Alienware-Eimy

So out of the box this issue occurred, and from my recollection everyone with a A17R5 have to wait around 2.5 minutes for it to load. I didn't install or modify anything, try it for yourself, if you restart your A17R5 (8950hk GTX1080) .. as soon as you boot into windows, open ACC right away, then you will get a notification in the bottom right hand corner (windows notification) saying please wait for the OC service to load (which takes ~2.5 mins to load)

Is there anyway I can set this service so it can instantly load?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 24th, 2018 09:00

@Gr3chie,

You can try by uninstalling AWCC and OC Control Center and then reinstall them from our website. You can use revo uninstaller to uninstall both (this app will delete the apps and the registry keys linked to it).

Let me know!

83 Posts

September 24th, 2018 10:00

Hi. Tried it on mine and it took 41 seconds to get to the welcome to your alienware screen and one minute and twelve seconds for it to finish loading the thermal and overclock. You must have something else loading that is slowing down the AWCC. Having said that, The AWCC is a piece of junk and takes far too long to load and is very flakey. Look on the bright side, at least it's working. :) a lot of people cant even install it or get it to work. You could change the service to Automatic instead of Automatic (delayed start) but you will be pushing other essential services to the back of the queue, so might not be a good idea. Do you really need access to AWCC as soon as the laptop starts?

Just changed the service on mine and it loaded fully in 30 seconds

83 Posts

September 25th, 2018 01:00

I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for an answer. I have waited months for a reply as to where the AWCC stores its colour profiles. Like i say, at least it's working. :)

12 Posts

Hey Eimy,

I tried that, the OC service still takes 2.5 minutes to load for me, and I have a clean install of the factory Alienware image. I think it is normal operation... but I was wondering why the service doesn't load somewhat instantly. Is this something you can push for in a future update? I dont think its really necessary to delay the service...

12 Posts

Hey Bones,

Its the OC service that takes 2.5minutes to load once I'm in windows, and not the ACC application itself, so I am unable to modify the thermals or OC settings right away when the laptop loads. This isn't a big deal, but I was just curious as to WHY it takes so long, and by the looks of it, it is because its set to delayed start in services.

May 17th, 2021 10:00

Go to Task Scheduler.

Under Active Tasks, double click AWCC Orchestrator.

In the next window, double click AWCC Orchestrator again.

Click on the triggers tab.

Double click At Log On.

Uncheck Delay Task For.

Click okay, and click okay again.

Close the Task Scheduler, and reboot.

Enjoy!

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 17th, 2021 20:00

Hi @Gr3chie  the correct process is to download and install AWCC update, and then wait for OC Controls option to download and integrate, so that the AWCC Fusion tab works. OC Controls download arrival depends on your internet speed, ISP server, and if there is a Dell server at your location, in your country. After automatic installation there should be no requirement for OC Controls to be installed again, unless there is a version update. 

My 17 R5 OS has been updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 version 20H2, and AWCC update installs but AWCC application refuses to load. Waiting for another AWCC update. Dell support for AWCC is poor. 

No Events found!