Anthrax-
1 Copper

X51 has power but has no display after cleaning

Hi guys,

So I’ve been having a few problems with my computer lately so yesterday I decided to wipe and start fresh to see if that would solve the issue. Fast forward to today I’m installing some games again and then my computer suddenly freezes and crashes - but no blue screen. I decided that it was likely it had overheated and as I have NEVER cleaned it I thought by getting rid of the dust inside it may help the fan. After taking the case off and doing a not very thorough clean using a brush and a hair dryer (before it got hot) to blow the dust off, as I do not have any compressed air ,I plugged it back in. Now the power will come on but neither of my monitors will pick up any source.

The CPU fan comes on when you switch it on but then stops and the GPU fan / case fan remains on. Also the blue light with the cylinder on the back which I googled and it says it means nothing is being read from the harddrive is now not flashing / on, same for my keyboard and mouse which are not lit up, however my case is.

Any assistance would be great!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthrax-
1 Copper

Re: X51 has power but has no display after cleaning

UPDATE: It is not fixed and the CPU fan does turn however it slows down!
0 Kudos