LocNar1988
1 Copper

alienware 17 r5 speaker crackling

I just received my new 17 R5 a couple days ago and as soon as i turned it on Cortana started to walk me through setting up the computer. Right away i could tell that the left speaker has a crackling noise. After i got up and running I could still hear it. It gets worse the louder I set the volume. I tried to re install the audio drivers but it is still there. And over all the audio seems a bit low compared to my last R3 that this is replacing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: alienware 17 r5 speaker crackling

Hi @LocNar1988,

Make sure the same does not happen with headphones, if it does not happen, send me a private message with Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
flamurbreznica
1 Copper

I am having the same problem, my speaker is crackling and I have no idea what to do. 

0 Kudos
Amar2020
1 Copper

Ive got the same problem ,on my new one day old alienware 17 R5,very low volume on the laptop speakers plus crackling ,ive tried reinstalling the drivers and updating them.

0 Kudos
Django1300
1 Copper

I have identically same problem with my one month old r5. left speaker crackling. is there anyone who managed to solve this?
0 Kudos