Highlighted

alienware 17r5 command center and win 10

So now after win 10 update after losing win hello and hopeless response from alienware and tobii.. we are fresh with command center as..now only thing it does is light control all else fails due to incompatible intel xtu service... really dell?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: alienware 17r5 command center and win 10

Hi @lalitsehgal21,

With Windows Hello/Tobii, Microsoft is the one in charge. We help by sending feedback but at the end they're the ones that will be able to fix the issue. Looks like they will release an update.

Regarding the Command Center try version 5.1.0.0

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Thats too odd as i spoke to microsoft..they said contact dell or tobii eye since its 3rd party product.. how conveniently you shoo it off to microsoft..no wonder dell is facing customer loss as even after spending 3.5 lakh for laptop customer is running from pillar to post.
0 Kudos
Penguin52
2 Bronze

Tobii tells us to contact you. Microsoft tells us to contact you.

Why do you put us, the customers who paid for this feature, in the middle? Why are you still even selling this feature if there is a known issue and it doesn't work? I am physically challenged and bought it for facial recognition to log on.

Tobii wasn't even aware that you could download Tobii Experience from the Microsoft Store! They told me it was from my Support page and I told them it was re-directed!

Get you act together Alienware-stop the finger pointing, stop putting us in the middle and let us know there is a known issue-we pay a lot of money for your laptops that have broken functionality regardless of who its from!

Complaints filed with BBB, and Unresolved Issues. Your support is the pits.

0 Kudos

This issue is currently under investigation by Tobii and updates are being created. We understand your point and your frustration, but this is not something that is specifically affecting Alienware systems. ANY, system with Tobii HW/SW and Windows 10 is having the same situation. This is why they are working on it. Our higher level engineers are making sure that advancements are made and testing anything provided to them for this to finally solve any issues or symptoms coming from this issue.

When a new update is made, I will make sure to post it here.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Xonxolao
1 Copper

Hello Eimy. Could you please give me a hand. I reading about this Tobii situation, my windows hello is not working too, but the webcam have a issue too? I not able to make it work at all, on device manager i dont have any "imaging devices", this is related to the Tobbi module? Looks like they are all in the same hardware, the webcam and the IR camera. I did not found anything related to this, the webcam should work right? Best Regards.
0 Kudos

@Xonxolao,

PM sent.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Penguin52
2 Bronze

If I buy a new Alienware R17 now with Tobii will it work?
0 Kudos
Penguin52
2 Bronze

I was able to update to 1809 and Tobii updated their website everything is working good so far.

https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010161773-Windows-Hello-issues-with-Windows-10-October-U...

0 Kudos