Highlighted
emisch92
1 Copper

computer broken and is only 2 months old.

Hello,

I am reaching out to you today in hopes of resolving my on-going issues with my Alien ware 15r3.  The system is less than 2 months old and has already been repaired twice.  I understand that the return policy is 30 days, but if you would take into consideration that I have been in contact with Alien ware and dell for 3 weeks trying to get this computer fixed. That would put me under the 30-day mark.  I had a technician visit my home, on Friday March 16th, 2018.  He replaced the motherboard, heat sink, and wireless card.  As well as re applied thermal paste and new thermal pads.  The computer is still over heating and reaching temperatures that are above 90c.  Also, the track pad on the laptop does not work at all now since the repair, and the fans are kicking in at random times when the computer is sitting idle.  The system is defective.  The technician him self said so, and I witnessed him tell that to Alienware as well.  I spent 2600 dollars on the computer.  I have high expectations and feel that I should when spending that amount of money on a gaming laptop.  I must say that I am extremely disappointed with my purchase.  Since I have received this machine, I have not been able to play any games.  The first problem arrived with the charger, it would randomly unplug itself while I was playing a game resulting in the fps (frames per second) rate to go from 120 to 20 and stay that way for a minute before bumping back up to 120 frames per second.  After dealing with Alienware tech department they concluded that my laptop was shipped with a Flextronics charger instead of a delta charger. so, they shipped me a new charger thinking that would solve the problem.  It did solve the problem of the charger randomly un connecting and discharging it self, but it created a problem that was much worse.  The computer now reaches temperatures that are over 90c I have photographs, the technician witnessed this as well and so did Alienware as they did a remote connection to my laptop and HW info was open showing them the temperatures were sky high.  I have spent over 20 hours on the phone with Alienware, I have had to take days off work because they told me the repair man would be coming, but then he never showed up nor did I receive a phone call.  So, I lost money.  When the repair man did come and replace the parts that were faulty.  It made the computer even worse than it ever was.  The fact of the matter is I bought this computer for one reason and one reason only to play games.  Since I have received this computer I have not been able to do that without suffering some extreme performance issues.  The computer cannot do what it is advertised to do, and that is because the system is defective.  I received an email on Friday March 16th, 2018. Saying I would be getting a phone call today at 10 in the morning.  That did not happen.  It is another example of how I have been strung along.  I thought Alien ware was the best of the best.  Unfortunately, due to this I am second guessing that.  I feel I should be compensated for this, weather it be in the form of an upgrade, or money back.  This is not a rare case with the Alien ware 15r3 gaming laptop.  I have read countless articles of people suffering with over heating issues.  I wish I would have read them before I made the purchase, but I was ignorant in thinking that nothing could go wrong with an Alien ware machine as they are the top end gaming PC company.    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: computer broken and is only 2 months old.

Hi @emisch92,

I'm very sorry for all the bad experience that you have had so far. Please send me a PM with the service tag so I can review your case. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
BlackLotusRose
1 Copper

Re: computer broken and is only 2 months old.

Hey, if you still have the laptop. I willing to buy it for $5 and pay the shipping.

0 Kudos