Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

May 5th, 2019 15:00

m15, AWCC issues (FX and Fusion)

I just got this m15 a couple weeks ago and I started getting prompts in my Command Center that there was an update. When I would try to update, it would always fail on trying to install the OC Control, stating that there was already a version of OC control installed. It then recommended that I uninstall the old version to install the new. After some investigation within the forums, I found others stating that I should uninstall and reinstall the command center. I followed all of the steps here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cadhs1/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command-center?lang=en

Once I did this, everything stopped working as it should. I can't even click on the FX tab now within the command center and when I go to Fusion, nothing loads. It's just circles spinning forever as if they are trying to load the temperatures and whatnot but can't.

I tried to do a system restore to rollback to before these changes, and that didn't work either. It rolled back successfully but the control center was completely broken then - it wouldn't load at all. So I went through the reinstall process once more and that's where I am with it. Has anyone had to deal with this too? It has been a pretty terrible experience to have with a brand new laptop - not sure why the OC control couldn't update properly in the first place.

June 2nd, 2019 11:00

In addition I used the AWCC version v9pv0 5.2.24.0

After a few restarts it auto updated Alienware OC Controls as it noticed it was missing but if it does not you can update that manually.  Now I have full options for fans heat and profile to be "cool" or "quiet".  It defaults to "balanced".

I also downloaded the supported drivers for my m15 laptop by service tag, some of them being thermal related.

27 Posts

May 7th, 2019 07:00

I have the same problem, hope Dell can fix this soon.

10 Posts

May 7th, 2019 16:00

i have exactly the same problem! Dell should Updated the AWCC and OCC etc. They are all broken.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 7th, 2019 18:00

Hi All, 

Please confirm which version of the Command Center you are using, so we can look further into this.  

1 Message

May 10th, 2019 13:00

Is anyone looking at this? I had nothing but problems since I've bought Alienware m15. Firstly temperatures were always so high I couldn't even keep my hands on keyboard. Updating BIOS seems to have lowered the temps. Now I am having the same issues as other users with Alienware Command Center. It doesn't show temperatures or fan speed and keyboard shortcut for FN+F12(ALIEN FX) also doesn't work. I am using AWCC version 5.2.29.0

1 Message

May 24th, 2019 11:00

Just got mine 2 days ago. Same problem here. AWCC keeps loading updated components then stalls.Even when I get into the Command Centre, FX doesn't work - I can't reset any light zones at all. Same even after unistall/reinstall. Plus this thing runs stupidly hot even after bios update. Not happy at all with this - worst Alienware I've ever owned - feels like a cheap downgrade to my old r3 in terms of build quality.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 24th, 2019 21:00

Hi @Marki_T 

Send me a private message with your Service Tag so I can review your case.

June 2nd, 2019 11:00

I had to manually download some compatible software for my m15 after clean install.  Had the same issue until I loaded Alienware OC controls.  Seemed to fix the overheating issue and fixed the spinning of Fusion in the Alienware Command Center

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2019 21:00

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming this. We are glad to hear that fixed the issues. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

1 Message

July 31st, 2019 01:00

Hi, I've had this terrible problem too, everyone, I wanted to know if you've solved it.
Such as?
Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 31st, 2019 15:00

Hi @M.FabriX

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

1 Message

September 20th, 2019 10:00

Has anyone fixed this issue yet I have no sound controls and my fan controls and temp just have a circle icon spinning

2 Posts

October 9th, 2019 04:00

My Alienware laptop is brand new and the Command Center has already failed 2 times. The first time I was able to somehow fix it, but wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. A few days ago, the lights on my entire laptop simply went out. Nothing I did would turn them back on. Command Center said it saved the lighting preferences, but it never turned the lights back on. So I uninstalled it, cleaned all Alienware folders, cleaned the registry entries, etc., then reinstalled, and uninstalled, and reinstalled, and uninstalled, and did this for about 8 hours. Nothing.

What I discovered is that it absolutely would not install (to the points the lights would not work on my laptop) properly; however, once I finally installed the original version of the AWCC software, which was older than the newest version, the lights immediately came on and even had my same keyboard lighting saved.

I still cannot get the FX controls or Fan Controls to install -- even though it automatically updates itself. Even if I install the OC Controls manually (the ones I think go with the older version of the AWCC I am using), it always updates to what I think may be a newer version than what I need. I suspect I will eventually give up, see how hot the laptop gets using the BIOS fan, and eventually play my laptop guarantee card in hopes that they can remote in to my laptop and fix it. But the thing is, it cannot be fixed, not really.

The bottom line is this: If the program works, it is great. When it doesn't work, it is awful. It is beyond awful. And it breaks for no reason. It seems to be connected to both GeForce and to various parts of Windows. You have to totally uninstall it to update it. It is broken on my Alienware desktop and is broken on my Alienware laptop. This Alienware computer is good, but that program needs to be fixed, once and for all.

1 Message

December 18th, 2019 03:00

please here is my service Tag i also have the same issues ever since i got the laptop and i hope you'll help me fix this problem

1 Message

February 14th, 2020 19:00

Same A51m

No Events found!