Highlighted
Boltatron
1 Copper

m15, AWCC issues (FX and Fusion)

I just got this m15 a couple weeks ago and I started getting prompts in my Command Center that there was an update. When I would try to update, it would always fail on trying to install the OC Control, stating that there was already a version of OC control installed. It then recommended that I uninstall the old version to install the new. After some investigation within the forums, I found others stating that I should uninstall and reinstall the command center. I followed all of the steps here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cadhs1/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienwar...

Once I did this, everything stopped working as it should. I can't even click on the FX tab now within the command center and when I go to Fusion, nothing loads. It's just circles spinning forever as if they are trying to load the temperatures and whatnot but can't.

I tried to do a system restore to rollback to before these changes, and that didn't work either. It rolled back successfully but the control center was completely broken then - it wouldn't load at all. So I went through the reinstall process once more and that's where I am with it. Has anyone had to deal with this too? It has been a pretty terrible experience to have with a brand new laptop - not sure why the OC control couldn't update properly in the first place.

15 Replies
Highlighted
wsnor
2 Bronze

Re: m15, AWCC issues (FX and Fusion)

I have the same problem, hope Dell can fix this soon.

Highlighted
alienwarefe
1 Copper

i have exactly the same problem! Dell should Updated the AWCC and OCC etc. They are all broken.
Highlighted

Hi All, 

Please confirm which version of the Command Center you are using, so we can look further into this.  

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

EgaFsK
1 Copper

Is anyone looking at this? I had nothing but problems since I've bought Alienware m15. Firstly temperatures were always so high I couldn't even keep my hands on keyboard. Updating BIOS seems to have lowered the temps. Now I am having the same issues as other users with Alienware Command Center. It doesn't show temperatures or fan speed and keyboard shortcut for FN+F12(ALIEN FX) also doesn't work. I am using AWCC version 5.2.29.0

(1)
Highlighted
Marki_T
1 Copper

Just got mine 2 days ago. Same problem here. AWCC keeps loading updated components then stalls.Even when I get into the Command Centre, FX doesn't work - I can't reset any light zones at all. Same even after unistall/reinstall. Plus this thing runs stupidly hot even after bios update. Not happy at all with this - worst Alienware I've ever owned - feels like a cheap downgrade to my old r3 in terms of build quality.
Highlighted

Hi @Marki_T 

Send me a private message with your Service Tag so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
99soulreaper
1 Copper

please here is my service Tag <Service tag removed> i also have the same issues ever since i got the laptop and i hope you'll help me fix this problem

Highlighted
PurpleTurf
1 Copper

I had to manually download some compatible software for my m15 after clean install.  Had the same issue until I loaded Alienware OC controls.  Seemed to fix the overheating issue and fixed the spinning of Fusion in the Alienware Command Center

Highlighted
PurpleTurf
1 Copper

In addition I used the AWCC version v9pv0 5.2.24.0

After a few restarts it auto updated Alienware OC Controls as it noticed it was missing but if it does not you can update that manually.  Now I have full options for fans heat and profile to be "cool" or "quiet".  It defaults to "balanced".

I also downloaded the supported drivers for my m15 laptop by service tag, some of them being thermal related.