Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2021 06:00

m15 R1, video dxgkrnl fatal error problem when app is launched

I am not sure if this is an internal problem within the computer (which is an Alienware m15), or if it is within the app, but each time I launch my computer and start the application "Roblox", I play easily at the beginning, but suddenly gets extreme lag spikes. Thereafter, the roblox window turns black for a milisecond then white. And suddenly my computer begins "hyperventilating", making a lot of noise, and I get the blue screen with the error "video dxgkrnl fatal error". These do not happen at specific moments, and can be absolutely random.

This has been happening for a few months now, and I've been living with it. 

I've researched, tried everything, but nothing works. I had an antivirus (McAfee, recommended when I first started my computer) that I deleted, suspecting it was the cause, but that didn't change anything. I've tried re installing Roblox, scanning my computer, and I have no idea of how to fix this. This is extremely annoying and I really need help I am desperate.

Thank you very much,

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 14th, 2021 07:00

Hi @Tancrede  "Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error" blue screen appears when system has run into a driver problem and needs to shut down. When "Roblox" gaming application is launched, this is usually a driver conflict problem.

Please run the on-board Reliability Monitor to reveal timeline of events. Blue screen should be a critical event. If you have date/time of blue screen, open this date/time critical event. Look for Microsoft error code and the other information for the root cause. Search on internet for error code and solution that is similar to your system problem. Hopefully their solution will be your solution. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

May 14th, 2021 07:00

@Tancrede wrote:

I am not sure if this is an internal problem within the computer (which is an Alienware m15), or if it is within the app, but each time I launch my computer and start the application "Roblox", I play easily at the beginning, but suddenly gets extreme lag spikes. Thereafter, the roblox window turns black for a milisecond then white. And suddenly my computer begins "hyperventilating", making a lot of noise, and I get the blue screen with the error "video dxgkrnl fatal error". These do not happen at specific moments, and can be absolutely random.

This has been happening for a few months now, and I've been living with it. 

I've researched, tried everything, but nothing works. I had an antivirus (McAfee, recommended when I first started my computer) that I deleted, suspecting it was the cause, but that didn't change anything. I've tried re installing Roblox, scanning my computer, and I have no idea of how to fix this. This is extremely annoying and I really need help I am desperate.

Thank you very much,

Its a driver error like @crimsom said. Please let him know if that fixed the issue.

5 Posts

May 14th, 2021 11:00

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Indeed, this has considerably helped. When the error happens, it shows one error "Windows was not properly shut down" then "AWCC has crashed". It seems that the Alienware Command Center is the cause of most of my problems. Fortunately, I've followed several Dell guidances, several forums and ended up deleting and re installing it. This has been useless. After re installing it, my Alienware would still crash. Do you believe I should completely uninstall ACC? I'd rather keep it but I see no solution. 

Thank you,

5 Posts

May 14th, 2021 13:00

Hello, I actually have some new, unfortunately, I seem to have deleted Alienware and get the error still, caused by "Windows was not properly shut down". How may I fix this?

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 15th, 2021 09:00

Hi @Tancrede  deleting AWCC leaves behind many unwanted AWCC files.

To completely remove AWCC, please use Revo Uninstaller Free. Having deleted AWCC, please install AWCC so that Revo Uninstaller Free can remove AWCC and all its unwanted files. If the AWCC's OC Controls has been installed, remove this first. Open Revo Uninstaller Free and a list of applications will be created. Double click on AWCC to uninstall, when AWCC has been removed, click on Advanced option and then Scan, more windows will open, delete all the files in these windows, until there are no more delete windows. Close Revo Uninstaller Free. Wait for Windows notification that AWCC has been deleted, then Restart (not Shut Down). 

Play "Roblox" gaming application to see if Blue screen fatal error returns. Open Reliability Monitor to see if there are any critical events. 

Please share an update on progress, so that other users derive benefit from your experience. Thank you. 

Revo Uninstaller Free.jpg 

5 Posts

May 29th, 2021 01:00

Hello,

I am sorry for my very late message but I've been pretty occupied. Indeed, I have tried everything you told me and there should be no longer any alienware files, but windows fatal errors persist, showing me "windows was not properly shut down" on the reliability monitor.

Is there any way you could help?

Thank you very much,

No Events found!