Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2021 22:00

m15 R2, thermal problem with LINE Messenger

Hi, I'm having a problem with my alienware m15 r2, every time I open Line messenger on my laptop, the thermals auto adjusts at max speed like if I was playing a videogame, command center opened or closed, every time is the same, I tried reinstalling the command center, and the problem is still there, I've tried configuring line in the command center's library but it won't listen to the configuration there and still raises the fans speed to max speed.

3 Posts

January 25th, 2021 13:00

Thanks again, I just want to update on what I found in case someone else have this problem as well, at the moment, I got help from Dell and found that AWCC is mistaking LINE Messenger as Starcraft II. I've reinstalled AWCC and LINE and the problem is still there, but when I came back to AWCC, I've noticed that Starcraft II registered playing time even since I didn't open it. Uninstalling Starcraft II solved the problem, but it comes back if I reinstall it and put it in the AWCC Library. so what I'm doing is Uninstall Starcraft II, reinstall it, and won't put it in AWCC Library. Hope it helps somebody who might have the same issue or a similar one.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

January 24th, 2021 21:00

I cant really help 100% with this issue but type in Graphics in the taskbar and it should take you to the settings. Then Click add app and choose which file it is and then say weather it uses high performance or power saving.

If you want to manually control it then download speedfan and that should allow you to change the speed.

Make sure to add dell laptop support though in the configure button so it can work.

3 Posts

January 24th, 2021 23:00

Thanks for your reply. Everything seems fine, but it still triggers the fans at max speed. 

At the moment, i've found that after a reinstall of the Command Center, everything works fine, but as soon as I add any game to the library, the problem rises again.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

January 25th, 2021 06:00

I hope I helped in some sort of way but hopefully after an update it will fix itself.
No Events found!