Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 29th, 2019 13:00

m15 R2, touchpad cursor jumps when lifting finger up and pressing

So this is a rather irritating issue I've come across with my new Alienware m15 R2. Whenever I move my cursor over to a location, and then life my finger up and put it back down on the trackpad without moving it around anywhere else on the trackpad, the cursor jumps from where I originally had it. Typically it'll jump up and to the right slightly from where I had it before lifting my finger up. This is particularly irritating when I'm trying to "right click" on something, such as moving the cursor over the item I want to right click, lifting my finger up so that I can move my finger to the bottom right hand side of the trackpad so I can "right click", but then having the cursor jump elsewhere on the screen once I place my finger down on the "right click" area of the trackpad. 

Has anyone else come across this issue or know how to fix it? Ultimately i just want to be able to place my finger back down on the trackpad and have the cursor remain in the same location that was before I lifted my finger up previously. 

February 21st, 2020 07:00

Hey guys I'm going to every forum post and posting the solution that worked for my m17 R2. This is a link to my post.

Just so you know this is only for the newer models with the Tobii Eye Tracking. This isn't a bug, it's a feature that unfortunately comes enable out of the box and isn't explained very well. This is why you'll see it works for some people after they've set up the eye tracking. Anyway follow the steps in the post above to disable Scroll at Gaze. I hope this helps! Good luck!

December 2nd, 2019 16:00

I bought the M17 R2 and it had the same problem, then I bought the area 51m and it's doing the same thing. Basically, when I sort of long tap the touchpad, it makes the cursor jump. I've tried changing the settings, updated the driver, and reinstalling the windows but none of those fixed it. In the end I just gave up on the touchpad and I use a wireless mouse now.

The touchpads on the new alienware laptops are not the best in the market, the scrolling feels mushy and sort of laggy.

I wanted to contact dell for touchpad replacement but I've been busy to arrange that.

1 Message

January 31st, 2020 15:00

Have the same issue. Repros on two different m15 r2 units tested right out of the box with tobii eye tracking disabled and all drivers updated. Would love to hear from Dell on a fix for this issue.

February 21st, 2020 07:00

Oops so I posted the fix for scrolling but you guys are having issues with the pointer Warp. So this is in basically the same area as my older post will direct you to but instead of Touch at Gaze, you'll want to click Mouse enhancements and disable the Warp feature. That should help! Good luck!

No Events found!