Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2021 00:00

m15 R3, Alienware Client Management Service

I am using Alienware m15R3 After some days when i checked for update of software i used support assist to scan for update it shows "An Unexpected Error Occurred". I waited for some days may be it will be a server problem later i tried it to update using Alienware updater app it didn't opened at all. Now in services i saw that "Alienware Client Management Service" was not working ...it was stopped when i tried to start it shows "Error 1053: "The service did not respond in a timely fashion" when attempting to start, stop or pause a service" i Tried a lot of methods but not fixed at all. Please help me out with it....even from website i am unable to update if i scan from website it shows 

Driver detection not available

Please try again later or use the link below to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.

Please Help me out .  thank you.Screenshot 2021-07-04 130834.pngScreenshot 2021-07-04 130838.png

October 6th, 2021 10:00

We've experienced the same issue with service not starting on several of our Dell PC's.  Our quick fix, delete or rename the folder C:\ProgramData\dell\UpdateService\ , then start the service.  This has worked for that specific instance of starting the service, but doesn't prevent the issue from recurring.

30 Posts

January 17th, 2022 06:00

Noticing a new Alienware Client Management Service issue, but similar to past 1053 errors. 

When I "shutdown" my R12 Aurora and then reboot, the client service works correctly. However, if I "restart" the computer, the client service will not start and gives Error1053. 

I then go to C:/ProgramData/Dell/UpdateService and delete the entire UpdateService file the Alienware Client Service restarts and works properly. 

This is repeatable and started after 2022-01 Microsoft Windows 11 Cumulative Update. 

My System: Alienware Aurora R12, 128GB Ram DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz), NVIDIA RTX 3090; Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz; 2TB SSD; Windows 11 Home.

Can't get rid of the Alienware Area 51 ALX footnote on my post? 

Update=Fixed the issue.

Alienware Client Management Service started on its own after a "restart" of Windows 11. Shutdown and reboot still has Alienware Client Management Service starting correctly. "Restarted Windows 11" three times and each time Alienware Client Management Service started correctly. 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

July 5th, 2021 14:00

Hi @Shreyank.M  there are many customers and users online and your ISP servers and the Dell servers cannot respond to every request for internet connection. Try to make internet connection when online traffic is reduced. Thanks. 

9 Posts

July 6th, 2021 02:00

Same problem here...

3 Posts

July 7th, 2021 03:00

I'm using an M17, but the same issue is happening to me.  When I manually tried to update Alienware Update it fails and I get the 1920 Error as shown in the screen shot below.

ALIENWARE M17 ERROR 1920 CLIENT MANAGEMENT SERVICE FAIL -- VERIFY SUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO START SYSTEM SERVICES.PNG

When I try to start the Alienware Client Management Service it also fails giving me the same 1503 Error as stated by the original poster.  I've tried many ways to fix this to no avail.  Please someone help us fix this.

Alienware Client Management Seervice.PNG

1 Message

July 7th, 2021 11:00

I have the same problem with an Alienware R11

9 Posts

July 7th, 2021 13:00

Same problem with Dell Update and DellClientManagementService with my Inspiron 7590.

9 Posts

July 24th, 2021 11:00

So.. no solution from Dell? Very good customer support...

8 Posts

July 26th, 2021 21:00

Same issue here (XPS 8930). Dell Client Management Service won't start. After trying to fix it, Dell support told me my system files were corrupt and I had to do a clean reinstall. Scannow and RestoreHealth show no problems, and other than this issue my system runs wonderfully. 

7 Posts

July 27th, 2021 06:00

7200 2in1 tablet. I can only run Dell Update Command once. After installation. After reboot service no longer starts with error 1053. Time out etc.

9 Posts

July 27th, 2021 07:00

It's a shame for a serious company to ask for an OS reinstall, the only problem in my system is this Dell Client Management Service, so I suppose that the issue it's not caused by some Windows corrupted files.

2 Posts

July 27th, 2021 07:00

I am also having the same issue on my Alienware Aurora R10.
Dell is asking me to do a clean re-install as well, which I am resisting for the time being, as they just got me to do a clean reinstall 2 months ago, for a separate issue, which was not resolved by the re-install. I am sick to death of re-installing windows repeatedly, as it is their go-to when they have no idea what the problem is and don't care to do the work to find out.

30 Posts

July 30th, 2021 05:00

Exact Same problem. Aurora R12. 

Found today trying to install "Dell-Update-Application-for-Windows-10_KW3CF_WIN_4.3.0_A00.EXE" with release date 29 July 2021. 

9 Posts

July 30th, 2021 05:00

I tried the latest Dell Update application (version 4.3.0) but the service issue persists.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

July 30th, 2021 06:00

To get Dell Update Package (DUP) support from Dell, customers in warranty shall use their Dell Account to request creation of Service Request by Dell Support, so that Dell knows there is a problem to fix. If user's system is not in warranty, pay for 'Out of Warranty' repair option is available.

Please Note: This is a user to user discussion forum, and not Dell Support. 

No Events found!