Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

November 7th, 2022 10:00

m15 R7, crackling and delayed audio

Alienware m15 R7 AMD

Alienware m15 R7 AMD

I purchased an Alienware m15 R7 laptop in August 2022 and have had audio issues. I have used the tech support on WhatsApp for months and they have tried to help, but the process has been slow. I recently transferred ownership of my case to a service rep on the phone and they haven't replied to my email. I purchased this laptop new and have performed probably 40 hours of communications and service to the computer with no success. I feel I am no longer responsible for this issue. If you purchase a new TV and the sound doesn't work properly you aren't expected to try to fix it for hours and hours. Dell needs to take responsibility for this issue and fix the problem themselves. This laptop was $2,500. I am not responsible for audio issues whether they are hardware or software related. I am EXTREMELY DISSAPPOINTED WITH DELL. Their reps refuse to escalate the problem and actually find a solution I agree with.

When will this problem be solved?

December 12th, 2022 10:00

Dell sent a technician to my house and replaced the ram and motherboard+gpu.  This solve the issue.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

November 7th, 2022 21:00

Hi @michaloonie welcome to this free user-to-user Alienware laptop discussion forum. 

Please visit your Alienware m15 R7 AMD invoice to determine if this system was purchased with a Dell warranty. You can also connect system to the internet and click on Product Support to get your Dell warranty information. 

The within first 30 days option to Reject system has expired and the basic first year Dell warranty is now available. Please visit your online Dell account to create Service Request so that Dell Support 'officially' knows that there is a problem to fix. When contacted by Dell Technical Support, agree to allow online session so that they can use their diagnostic tools. They will try and fix software issues and/or initiate installation of replacement hardware. 

Please click on @DELL-Cares to send Private Message requesting assistance. Thank you. 

November 7th, 2022 21:00

Sadly you must have forgotten to read my post.  I have already undergone that process.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

November 8th, 2022 16:00

Hi @michaloonie ,

I'm sorry about those issues you're having with your system. I recommend you try these:

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver | Driver Details | Dell US

Realtek Audio Console Application | Driver Details | Dell US

Please get back to me and let me know how it goes. I recommend you do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the audio drivers and see if that helps. Also try disabling audio enhancements and let me know what happens.

2 Posts

November 9th, 2022 22:00

I have this same exact issue, and I've updated all the Drivers as well. Not sure if its faulty Hardware and i've not had a chance to test any external Headphones or Speakers, but there is a crackling Noise. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

November 12th, 2022 10:00

Hi @Xsorus ,

Try to disconnect all wireless features on the laptop and try a test sound to see if it still makes the crackling noise. If it does, I want you to restart the laptop and press the F12 button until it gives you a boot menu option. After it does select the option labeled ePSA and press enter on it. It will run some tests on the laptop but you can skip all of them if you just want to try the speaker test. If it crackles during the speaker test then its a hardware issue. But If not then its most likely a driver/operating system conflict.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2022 16:00

I think I determined what was causing it, Its a power issue 

I changed the setting under power management and it went away or was pretty much lessened. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

November 17th, 2022 07:00

Hi @Xsorus ,

Congratulations then on it being nothing serious!

December 12th, 2022 10:00

My Alienware m15 r7 has audio Cracking and audio distortion issue... While watching YouTube and play music in all the media players...

Even I have the same problem.. I've tried uninstall and Reinstalling everything back again.. But still the issue is same... 

I'm using M15 r7 16 gb ram 12gen i7 12700h

Window 11 home... 

Pls help me in solving my problem... 

February 1st, 2023 20:00

BUT THEY NEVER HELPED ME OUT.. IN INDIA THE SERVICE IS REALLY BAD.... I AM DJ SO I BROUGHT THIS LAPTOP BUT ITS OF NO USE FOR ME AS FACING A LOT OF AUDIO PROBLEM.... EVEN WHILE PLAYING MUSIC IN MIDIA PLAYER AND YOUTUBE TOO.

5 Posts

April 25th, 2023 15:00

The R3 and R4 of both the M17/15 have the same audio problems, and when drivers aren't the problem, either a hardware replacement or this is the solution:
https://youtu.be/qXHixvEC5DE 

No Events found!