Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

14 Posts

July 31st, 2019 08:00

m15, bsod and boot order messed up

Hey

I have an Alienware m15 and quite frequently while gaming, I get a BSOD error and no stopcode is displayed (or it goes away too fast for me to read) and when it reboots it starts checking for media and whatnot. I thought this happened only when I plugged the ethernet cable in but it's been happening on WiFi too. The msinfo32 file shows Secure Boot as On too.

I've had nothing but issues since I've gotten this m15, first the temperatures then the AWCC and OC Controls and this. Somehow the boot option priorities keep getting jumbled up. Please find me a sustainable solution for this.

dd452431-597c-423a-975d-2a4458b62ed4.jpg

July 31st, 2019 08:00

Before I'm asked, I have run the Boot Diagnostic and no errors were found.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 31st, 2019 16:00

Hi @Insidious_Black

Install this bluescreen viewer to see what is causing the bluescreen and send us the results:

https://dell.to/2Zje1MG

May 7th, 2021 09:00

I have exactly the same issue. It usually happens when I am running some resource intensive programs (Excel / Photoshop scripting + large spreadsheets). I thought it might be caused by the SSD / HDD overheating (I have an SSD and HDD/SSD hybrid - standard ones from Dell), then the laptop restarting and not detecting any drives as they've overheated so defaulting to boot to network? Just a guess and when changing the boot order back to normal it boots okay. However, it is very annoying as I actually use mine for work and have lost hours of work several times because of this. Did you resolve the issue?

No Events found!