Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

March 1st, 2019 03:00

m15, no LED on power button?

After new update, no LED on power button?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 1st, 2019 14:00

Hi @jm1971,

Check this article.

In the meantime you can try the following steps:

Note: ALL AlienFX settings and themes will be lost after the following steps as everything is from the defaults.

1. Uninstall the version of AWCC that you've just installed

2. Clean install AWCC version 5.2.8.0 to force the firmware back to version 1.0.5

3. The Power LED will still be off at this point. Reenable the keyboard LEDs using the Fn + F12 keys together

4. Close AWCC and uninstall version 5.2.8.0

5. Clean install AWCC version 5.2.24.0 to upgrade the firmware to version 1.0.7

6. After successful installation you will have the power LED back and the default blue keyboard light 

Note: Only by doing clean installs can we ensure that we run the Serial Peripheral Interface erase. An upgrade install will not suffice. This is why the system doesn't keep the AlienFX settings or themes.

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2019 00:00

is there any special procedure for clean install like going to registry or can it be done through control panel

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2019 01:00

As per the post , I have done a clean installation as per instruction , and procedure but has no effect on power button light.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 4th, 2019 07:00

Here is an article that explains how to uninstall and reinstall AWCC in a proper way.

4 Posts

March 6th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

yes,   i have reviewed the same instruction but unfortunately

no joy !!! Please let me know of any other known issues as the product is just 3 months old..

No Events found!