aaryan1997
1 Copper

m17 R2, freeze?

Hi!

My new Alienware m17 R2 freezes every once in a while. The trackpad, keyboard and screen become unresponsive. It then resumes in about 5-7 seconds to normal. Anyone know why this might be?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alienware-Joe
4 Tellurium

Re: m17 R2, freeze?

Could it be that the computer's CPU usage spikes to 100% ? 
Have you been able to monitor the temperatures and the task manager for any abnormal patterns? 

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
aaryan1997
1 Copper

No, its not the temperature or usage. It just freezes out of nowhere, and after 4-7 seconds is back to normal. 

Highlighted
JIMMYLAU
1 Copper

Same here. m17 R2. Background music, mouse, keyboard all freeze for ~ 5 seconds. Happens about twice a day for several weeks now. No CPU spikes (CPU meter freezes), nothing in event logs.

SirRoytzz
1 Copper

I am having the same issue as well. I barely have any software installed on the PC but it will just randomly freeze for 3-10 seconds, which when gaming is obviously an issue for me.

0 Kudos
itsmoney
1 Copper

Did you guys figure this out? I have same exact issue with my 2 month old Alienware R2. Dell is useless in helping with this issue. Brand new $3000 laptop.

0 Kudos

Hi there, 

We haven't heard from your end. Please let us know how you want to proceed. 

Have a nice day! 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
brokenmobo
1 Copper

Hi, I have this issue as well. The computer hangs randomly for about 3-5 seconds. Nothing responds, keyboard, mouse, etc. Happens once every 2 hours or so. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi! We are sorry to hear you're having issues with your m17 R2, feel free to send us your service tag on a private message and we will be more than happy to assist you further. 

Service Tag Alienware

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos