Highlighted
AlixEstolas
1 Nickel

my Alienware 15's power brick feels like it's bloating

Jump to solution

My Alienware 15's power brick feels like it's bloating. I know it's not normal, is there anything i can do?

Also for what possible reasons could my power brick be bloating?

Is my power brick even bloating in the first place?

46959537_197000837876118_3941160328380809216_n.jpg46696182_1179725918844234_2151212302383185920_n.jpg46695899_909330422611094_7698206068890927104_n.jpg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixEstolas
1 Nickel

Re: my Alienware 15's power brick feels like it's bloating

Jump to solution
Sorry it seems that the power brick's curve on the sides is an intentional design. I thought the curves were signs of bloating inside but as i saw power brick teardowns online they all have the curves in the sides. My mistake.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

I am not seeing the pictures yet, they have to be approved by the moderator. But assuming the swelling is obvious, I would be looking for a new adapter. If the system is under warranty (I have to believe the warranty period is over), call Dell tech support for your region. I assume you mean the adapter and not the actual battery itself?

As for why, it could be overheating.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
tom_mai78101
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Instead of uploading the photos and waiting for mod approval here, can you make image mirror links from Imgur?

Just copy/paste the link in the post. Don't wrap it in [IMG] tags.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @AlixEstolas,

I'm actually not seeing the bloating, but it could be just due to the picture.

The AC Adapter may need a replacement just to be safe. If the system is under warranty, please send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
AlixEstolas
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

okay, i will Quick question though, is the power brick supposed to be completely flat on ALL sides?

0 Kudos
AlixEstolas
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Sorry it seems that the power brick's curve on the sides is an intentional design. I thought the curves were signs of bloating inside but as i saw power brick teardowns online they all have the curves in the sides. My mistake.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My brick on my 15 R3 is completely flat and rectangle, as is the one on my wifes 15 R2...

0 Kudos