Geordie1
1 Copper

nvidia graphic card not detected on laptops

Hi all, a couple of months ago i decided to update the windows from 7 to 10, on my old m15x r1, great i thought no problems, windows 10 installed, but when i came to install the drivers for the nvidia graphic card, error cannot install drivers, the reason being the graphic card has dissapeared, it's not in device manager ( vga adapter only) it's not in bios either, i thought the graphic card may be faulty, so i purchased a newer m15x r2, guess what, same issue again, after installing windows 10, the machine doesn't recognise that a graphic card is installed, can someone please help, i now have (2) m15x's running on motherboard graphics, thanks in advance....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: nvidia graphic card not detected on laptops

You don't have an actual video card on your laptop. Video is integrated on the motherboard even if it is from Nvidia. Your drivers must come from Dell not Nvidia since drivers are customized for your board. Go to Dell Downloads to get the drivers. You can see if Dell has drivers for windows 10 on your model. If not, the previous video driver will probably work if the laptop is not too old. You were better off not upgrading to 10 if the computer is over 4 yrs old and has not been approved for the upgrade by Dell.

0 Kudos
Geordie1
1 Copper

Re: nvidia graphic card not detected on laptops

Hi, my m15x laptop has a GeForce Gtx 580m installed, before I installed windows 10, it was listed in device manager and the bios, now it has disappeared, I have since re-installed windows 7 and drivers from my service tag, still not video visible, just the vga adapter graphics, I have an aurora desktop which have updated graphics many times with no problem, why do I now have 2 m15x’s with no visible graphic cards ?

0 Kudos