Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2015 08:00

AppSync - Recovery

Hi,

I have some issues with AppSync recovery method, here is the situation i am in:

Customer has decided to put DB and LOG on same volume and plan on doing 1 Snap (Full backup) every day of each volume.  They will be mounting each copy, validate de DB and send data to tape.

1- Customer is actually trying to recover and mount a DB, then do it's vérification of the DB and try mounting it.

2- Second, i'm trying to use the recover option in AppSync, but it seem to do a Full volume recovery, i really don't know whats going or what i should do to make it run.  Any help would be more than welcome

P.S: Their Exchange environnement runs on VMware.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Chris

82 Posts

December 5th, 2015 18:00

Regarding Exchange...

1. There is no need to "recover" the Exchange database to validate, AppSync has a built in validation method, initiated on the mount host. Within AppSync, select the "Validate Copy" option within the Service Plan configuration. It requires Microsoft Exchange Management tools to be installed on the mount host, so the database can be validated with ESEUTIL.

2. The recover options within AppSync fall down on the lun or datastore level so every database or log that is shared on that particular LUN is considered an effected entity. The only exception is when replicating and restoring datastores that have multiple VMs residing on it. AppSync does have the ability to restore individual VMs.

Please see the "Affected entities during restore" section in the AppSync 2.2.2 User and Administration Guide for more details.

Thanks,

Aaron Schifman

EMC AppSync CSE

No Events found!