Highlighted
2 Bronze

VPLEX with VNX2 and AppSync Support

Jump to solution

EMC, is there any new dates for supporting Appsync with VPLEX Metro and VNX2 arrays?  I know it supports VPLEX with XtremeIO but is there any updates on when it might support a VNX2 behind VPLEX Metro?  Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Re: VPLEX with VNX2 and AppSync Support

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, support for managing copies with AppSync, where a VNX2 is behind VPLEX, is not on the roadmap. AppSync supports XtremIO, Unity, and VMAX behind VPLEX.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

As of AppSync 3.1, VPLEX supports both XtremIO and Unity arrays.

At this time, however, supporting VNX2 behind VPLEX is not on the immediate roadmap, however, it is on the backlog.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info, what does backlog mean?  Is that a might or might not happen or just a longer time frame for deployment?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Excuse me, I will clarify...A backlog item is something which is important and is generally something that given resources and time, will be included as a feature. Most items in the backlog are addressed, but as you put it, takes a little longer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks, appreciate the info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello EMC, just checking in since it has been a year, any new updates on supporting VNX2 behind a VPLEX with Appsync?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, support for managing copies with AppSync, where a VNX2 is behind VPLEX, is not on the roadmap. AppSync supports XtremIO, Unity, and VMAX behind VPLEX.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos