Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2011 02:00

Atmos- RESTfUL API -C#.NET

Hi all,

I  am new to atmos and trying to access it using REST API.

Trying to create a .net application using the predefined  wrapper bindings to access atmos.

Is there any document to start up things on how to create a client application using REST API?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

16 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 07:00

Thanks for ur reply...

Now after copying the file again if i try to copy the same file getting an exception "the file is slaready created"!!! is there any inbuild function to handle this? i mean only copy new files and existing files that were updated??

16 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 22:00

Hi Raj,

Any updates for the above issue?

222 Posts

June 24th, 2011 06:00

There is not an automated means to handle this condition.  Your application is responsible for managing the namespace of object names and directories when using the Atmos namespace interface.  You could perhaps check to see that an object exists using ListDirectory before you attempt to create it.

Using the Atmos object interface the application developer need not manage the object names, directories, etc.  You would simply use the object ID returned by Atmos to access the object.

16 Posts

June 30th, 2011 01:00

Hi raj,

So is there any ListDirectory method in the wrapper class library?I could not find any. Becoz in the previous post u have mentioned "You could perhaps check to see that an object exists using ListDirectory before you attempt to create it.".

Now i want to retrieve file from the atmos and i can achieve this using downloadhelper (passing the Objectid). Is there any other way to retrieve files? i mean passing filename or using object namespace? How to do this?

Thanks in advance

222 Posts

June 30th, 2011 09:00

There's a ListDirectory method in the EsuRestApi class that takes an ObjectPath as input.  It returns a list of objects in the given path.

There is a ReadObject method in the EsuRestApi class that can either read an object based on ObjectPath or an ObjectId.

16 Posts

July 21st, 2011 00:00

Hi Raj,

Now we are working on a tool which provides an option for the user to view all folders and file structure in Atmos. Similar to a treeview (list the heirarchical structure.) is there any othe roption apart from tree view so that user could see the data in Atmos.??

Thanks.

Srini

222 Posts

July 22nd, 2011 07:00

Srini,

You could use the Atmos namespace interface to display objects in a tree view in your application.  The namespace interface is certainly suitable for applications that require file system semantics.  Your application is responsible for managing the view itself --- you can get a list of directories and objects inside of a given directory through the Atmos API. 

Raj

December 15th, 2011 23:00

Have a look at RSA Bsafe as an option for storing the keys.

16 Posts

December 15th, 2011 23:00

Hello Raj,

Is there any option to keep the shared key token in a secured way.So that nobody outside egt to kinow that... right now we are hardcoding that in code to access Atmos. Please help!!!!

16 Posts

February 12th, 2012 22:00

Hi Raj,

We are planning to migrate millions of files to Atmos using our own tool... After migrating files to atmos how could we test whether all files are copied? Need your help!!!!!

222 Posts

February 13th, 2012 06:00

My suggestion would be to create a table in a database where you can maintain the relationship between the local file, the remote object ID, and perhaps a hash of the object.  After the migration your application can verify that each object was indeed written to Atmos and use the hash to verify its integrity. 

16 Posts

February 14th, 2012 04:00

Thanks for your valuable suggestion... one more thing, when we modify or update files in ATMOS, would there be any logs created internally or our API should handle this logs using metadata?

222 Posts

February 14th, 2012 08:00

From a developer standpoint there is logging available necessarily.  Your application would need to manage the fact that it has changed an object if that's important to it. 

Can you provide an example of how you would use metadata to manage changes?  I want to understand your requirements better.

16 Posts

February 14th, 2012 08:00

I've a file in atmos and i'm updating the information. From my application before actually updating i set the metadata tag say last modified date as current date.... this is just as an example...  i just want to know apart from API  is there any way like atmos internally creates a log file when a files are modified? if so how?Hope u got my question?

222 Posts

February 14th, 2012 09:00

Atmos logs a wide variety of activities internally, but those are only accessible to the administrator of the system --- that information is not available to the developer using the API. 

No Events found!