Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 4th, 2009 19:00

Browser

Does EMC or any third party provide a browser for Atmos Online?  I'm looking for something similar to Bucket Explorer or S3Fox which work with S3.  It would allow me to enter my account credentials then display the objects that I own.  I could then copy the objects to my local file system or delete them.

212 Posts

November 17th, 2009 18:00

Hi,

I've posted a simple object browser - /;

Thanks,

Aashish

222 Posts

October 14th, 2009 13:00

There's not an application that we can point you to at the moment unfortunately, but there might be soon.

Raj

12 Posts

October 27th, 2009 00:00

Check out http://www.twinstrata.com/ ,a 3rd party company which is testing with ATMOS , they are using CloudArray software to connect to the cloud and its a beta version .... they seem to be a part of a partner  program. i dont have more details regarding it....

Thanks..

40 Posts

October 27th, 2009 07:00

Thanks for the response Hemanth.

I am familiar with TwinStrata.  Their product is much more advanced than what I'm looking for.  TwinStrata's product is CloudArray.  It is software only.  It allows you to create volumes and expose them to hosts using iSCSI.  CloudArray provides a very large cache (to mask the latency inherent in cloud storage), compression, encryption, replication, etc.

What I'm looking for is a simple tool to create, list and delete my objects.  I suppose it would need to use listable-tags to find the files.  I'll probably just write something myself.  I just have not had time to do this.

12 Posts

October 27th, 2009 20:00

Thank u .......

40 Posts

November 17th, 2009 19:00

Thanks Aashish.  I have not installed it yet but it looks great!

40 Posts

November 18th, 2009 07:00

Aashish,

I took a look at installing you browser and ran into a bit of trouble.  Your browser requires "Atmos onLine Java Binding".  I downloaded that package but and the readme.txt is definately written for Java developers.  I'm not a Java deleloper.  The readme says to add some libraries to my projects classpath.  Well, I don't have a project although I can guess what a classpath is.  I'm a C/C++ developer but have no clue about Java.

But beyond that, some of our QA engireers will want to use this and I can't expect them to understad Java to get started.  Can you please provide some assistance with the installation process?

212 Posts

November 18th, 2009 07:00

HI Mark,

The binary download does not require the Java binding or any other download except JRE 1.6. Everything comes bundled with it.There is no compilation or building required too.

I think the "Software Requirements" title was a misnomer. It was trying to show on what environment this app was developed. Have corrected that now.

Only if one is trying to build from source code is the Java binding required which is probably not your case. The Source code section has been separated from the Download section to avoid confusion.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aashish

222 Posts

November 18th, 2009 11:00

Looks really neat.  I ran into a few "signature mismatch" errors on occassion while trying to upload files.

I haven't been able to view anything in the object list either --- even when it appears that object uploads are successful.

212 Posts

November 18th, 2009 12:00

Also, the Object List only shows 'files' and not 'sub directories'. Thus, if a directory / namespace does not have files, the object list will be empty.

Aashish

212 Posts

Hi Raj,

Signature Mismatch -

Trying to upload a file with a space in its name to a directory causes problems with the Java binding - that is why the signature mismatch errors. There is another thread around this.

ObjectList -

Double-clicking a namespace should show all its object ids. If you are not able to see any existing ids too, there must be some issue.

Not being able to see something after upload is probably a caching issue in the client. The upload must have happened just fine. I'll fix it but to get around that for now,

- Right-click the folder and click on Refresh

- Then double-click it.

Aashish

40 Posts

Thanks for the install help.  I have the app installed and running.  After a couple attempts to get the account information entered correctly I began exploring.  I frequently am getting this error "Error connecting to server".  I only use the object interface and this error happens about 90% of the time I try to expand the "Listable Tags" field.  When I do get the tags displayed I have not been able to dig deeper than that.  Again, it is the "Error connecting to sever" error.  Looking at the messages in wireshark I see that the GET request is sent then times out after 30 seconds.  It is retried (internally) and again times out after 30 seconds.  At this point the "Error connecting to server" message is displayed.

212 Posts

November 18th, 2009 13:00

Hi Mark,

There should be a log file in 'atmosbrowser\workspace\.metadata' called .log.

Can you look at that file to see if there are any additional errors thrown?

Thanks,

Aashish

212 Posts

November 18th, 2009 13:00

Hi Mark,

It seems like the service is not reachable. I just checked and was able to reach the Atmos onLine service.

I am a bit stumped. Since you are getting the tag list at times, maybe the settings are right.

Are you able to reach atmos via some other application?

Thanks,

Aashish

40 Posts

November 19th, 2009 06:00

I'm getting better behavior today.  I can discover the listable tags, upload and download files.

What behavior do you expect when requesting the object list for a listable tag with hundreds of thousands of objects?  Is this something that will run in the background until complete before displaying any object in the object list?  When I atmept to get the object list under these conditions it eventually fails with "request timestamp outside the valid window".  It took about 5 minutes for this error to occur so it is not my clock.  Do you create the request, apply the timestamp, sign it; then use that request repeatedly until all the objects with that listable tag are retrieved?  I'm not sure if that is handled by the atmos Java API or in your code.

You suggested looking at the log.  In my atmosbrowser folder I have a two directories: configuration and plugins.  No workspace folder.  Is the workspace folder the byproduct of creating a development environment.

Thanks again for making this available.

No Events found!