Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2010 17:00

Experience using Atmos VE

Has anyone tried Atmos VE on ESX compatible commodity hardware in lab/production environment? I am looking forward to hear your experience.

222 Posts

October 5th, 2010 09:00

We have a number of customers that frequently deploy Atmos VE on ESX compatible hardware for both production and lab purposes.

Customers with existing storage hardware infrastructure often find that Atmos VE helps them to use excess resources more efficiently. 

Happy to discuss specific thoughts or question on using Atmos VE in such an environment.

17 Posts

October 15th, 2010 11:00

I have been using it in a lab environment for a while. Works pretty well and seems to get better support for each new version of Atmos released. I havent used any of the physical versions of atmos yet, so I cant compare performance, but over all seems pretty good. Post any specific questions and I can respond.. 

19 Posts

October 18th, 2010 05:00

Great, thanks for offering to help. What protocol do you use with VE? Is it FC, iSCSI or NFS? How do you have redundancy on VE node?

-Janakan

17 Posts

October 18th, 2010 09:00

I am using VE ontop of ESXi 4.0. The ESX environment I am using contains a few beefy physical servers with HBAs in them connecting over FC to an IBM array. I am using this in a lab environment so I am not to concerned with redudancy, but all of the typical VMware redundancy stuff works (DRS, HA, multipathing, etc).

Saunders

No Events found!